Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sorry I've been more away then around
trs1960 posted:
I'm right in the apex of going on permanent disability or trying to go back to work. Everyone knows I'd fail at work, but if I could make it 90 days I'd get a year more medical insurance. Totally disingenuous to do, but allowing my family to lose their insurance is immoral! Talk about a rock and a hard place!

Everything should work out, but if it doesn't it will be too late to do anything. I would feel so much better if I just had some facts!

I paid just under $100 for dental (4) people and have no way to use it!

T

debs_bears responded:
Tim I was in the place you are now between a rock and a hard place - sorry to say but my attorney told me not to try to go back to work it would hurt my chances of getting my disability.

I tried to go to work I lasted only 2 months and then reapplied for disability it took 2 more years. Please weigh this out carefully. I know you want to work but at what cost? Just my opinion. Debbie
May you have the best pain free day as possible My prayers are with you. ~~~Debbie~~~

davedsel2 responded:
Hey, Tim.

I have to agree with Deb. If you go back to work it would not be good for your SSD application. If you can't work, then don't. Your family will be taken care of.

Praying for you as you make the final decisions for your dbl.
Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

tuloud54 responded:
Good morning my friend! The hardest thing I ever did in my life was not going to work at a job I loved on May 18,2008. I had no choice. It was just me I had to worry about but I could have had 12 kids and it would not have mattered. I COULD not work! It really wasn't a choice I had. I hope you do what is best for YOU. Not really helpful but when you are done,you are done. For me,I just retired earlier then I would have liked but with a little prayer and patience, I can volunteer and make myself of use to someone who needs some help.I have skills and hope to put them to use.Everything has gone according to God's plan for me and that has given me much needed hopw.Without hope,there really isn't much to strive for. I pray your healing and continue to get as well as you can.You did not choose this but here it is. God speed and wish I had real solutions. Tom

bj1208 responded:
I agree with Deb and Dave - Don't go back to work. As Dave said your family will be taken care of.

Keep ur chin up~~
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

debs_bears responded:
I had to leave earlier but it just occurred to me - they know you can't work that is why you had to stop because of the pain - if you go back now they will not believe you ever had a problem in the first place. You really can't afford to take that chance.

Your family WILL be taken care of - you can not worry about it "I know you are the bread earner" but if you go back now you could really hurt yourself further. Debbie
May you have the best pain free day as possible My prayers are with you. ~~~Debbie~~~

Helpful Tips

Steps For Getting Back Pain Diagnosed And Treated
Many people come to this WebMD Back Pain Community looking for help in getting a diagnosis of a cause and relief from their back pain. Most ... More
Was this Helpful?
216 of 332 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center