Skip to content
Weird Symptoms | Weird Feelings Back muscles
brownman67 posted:
Ok i been having some weird things happen to me for the past 3 months..

First..

I started to get anxiety out of nowhere when i started smoking weed. But i have been smoking weed for like 4-5 years anyway so i dont know why that happened.

I went to the ER because it happened ever time i smoked, they did a blood test/culture and found nothing and told me it was nothing..

Then i got over the anxiety and i dont have it anymore.. but now i have these weird muscles cramps (not painful) randomly when i smoke and also when i DONT smoke..( when im nervous.

- When i get this "feeling" it feels like a certain part of my back will cramp use really tight, but never gets that far..just tensed muscles.
- Also, when im in the cold it happens alot. For example right before i wrote this thread, i wanted to go to the local store to get a beer, but when i walked like 50 feet the middle of my back (felt like my spine) or muscle; go really tense and i had a bad feeling it would get worse if i stayed so i came back in..
- Also, when i get the "tense feeling" its mostly in different parts of my lower back in a focus area.

Its so weird.. now when i walk around i can always feel my lower back slightly tensed and certain parts have a tiny cramp (no pain) and its gone..

I know most of you are going to tell me to stop smoking.. but it also happened when i didnt smoke too.

I WILL stop smoking. So, if you have any other ideas of what it might be, please let me know.

Thank you WebMD community! (for reading all this )

bj1208 responded:
hi and welcome to the support group -

I can tell you that our backs carry a lot of stress in them - more so than you realize. Feeling tense, anxious, agitated etc can cause a lot of muscle strain, tightness etc in the back.

For those of us on the support group who have either had surgery or are waiting to have surgery can tell you that our muscles spasm all the time because of what we go thru.

I would say that you really need to see a primary care physician and discuss these situations with him/her. they will be able to let you know what you should be doing to help relieve some of the stress in your life, i.e., exercise and changing eating habits are 2 of the biggest changes you can do.

hope this helps - keep us posted how you are doing~~
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

Helpful Tips

Steps For Getting Back Pain Diagnosed And Treated
Many people come to this WebMD Back Pain Community looking for help in getting a diagnosis of a cause and relief from their back pain. Most ... More
Was this Helpful?
221 of 338 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center