Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Joy how are you doing?
debs_bears posted:
Have you heard any more on those tests from last week? How are you feeling? Been praying for you. Debbie
May you have the best pain free day as possible My prayers are with you. ~~~Debbie~~~

bj1208 responded:
Hi Deb and everyone -

Sorry had internet problems - finally back up and running - well sort of - at least back up - not running!! LOL

Yes I have copy of CT disk and also written report - it showed a lot of items - so I called doc's office yesterday to make sure they have it - yes and waiting for doc to review it.

Nurse called me about an hour ago and the doc's notes state that there is nothing abnormal with the CT - screws, cage and rods are all intact.

So not sure what I'm gonna do - guess when I see pain doc on 2/12 gonna ask if they have another surgeon I can see for 2nd opinion - if not then I will seek one.

She did ask how I was doing - told her no difference - still same pains etc. she was hoping I was better - it's been 8 weeks post op - so maybe I'm rushing it but still not being able to walk very far, cannot sit all the way back in chair, cannot sleep on back (been that way since 2009) and cannot sleep on right side (this just since this surgery). Told her I cry everyday sometimes more than once and cannot wear certain clothes.

So I guess I'm rushing it - I see surgeon again on Feb 25th so will see what X-rays show then.

Ugh - we have snow coming this friday and more Monday/Tuesday - what fun - later~~
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

deeback replied to bj1208's response:
hi am new at this computer thing

I think I have a good ides of how you feel being in pain..

I understand situation, if I did things right read new listing chronic back pain take time to heal, use pillow behind back to sit in soft chair I find my harder kitchen chair more comfy
than soft chair, I also have a wooden rocker
,have patient maybe p.t. after dr visit,,,,,,,,,,good luck dn

debs_bears replied to bj1208's response:
Joy I don't know what to say. I agree for you to take your info for a 2nd opinion.

When my X-rays showed a few screws out of place in my neck I was in surgery within 3 weeks and had them replaced and re-drilled into new spots.

I will keep praying for you - I think I was on the road to recovery with my 7 vertebrae fusion by the 8th week and on minimal pain meds. certainly not on strong ones like you.

I agree something is wrong you should not be in this much pain. Debbie
May you have the best pain free day as possible My prayers are with you. ~~~Debbie~~~

trs1960 replied to bj1208's response:
Joy, I know you don't want to hear this, but my last lumbar surgery took 18 months to recoup !

At a year I told my doc it was a mistake as I was worse off than I had been and have been suffering worse for a year! He told me to be patient and give it more time. "You've had multiple back surgeries and you're getting older. It takes longer to heal when back has been through that much trauma!"

Six months later I started feeling better

Hang in there. It's ok to cry, our lives suck, but when you're done crying remember life is a blessing and enjoy the beautiful things around you.

Tim

bj1208 replied to trs1960's response:
Thanks Tim & Deb - also Dave too~~

Here is what the CT Scan results show:

>>Lower lumbar scoliosis convex the left maximal at L4-L5 is present.
>>Mild circumferential L3-L4 disc bulging is present
>>There are degenerative changes of L3-L4 apophyseal joints and gas in the right joint space.
>>Anterior subluxation L4 on L5 by 7mm is present.
>>there is lateral translation of L4 to the left of L5 by 1.4cm.
>>A graft is present within L4-L5 disc space with endplate erosion, irregularity and sclerosis.
>>Gas is present within L4-L5 disc space.
>>L4 laminectomy defect is present.
>>Right L4-L5 apophyseal joint has been resected.
>>The spinal canal is distorted but normal in diameter.
>>Anterior plate with screws and interbody graft are present at L5-S1 with bony fusion.

Impression:

1) Lateral translation L4 to the left of L5 and grade 1 spondylolisthesis
2) Pedicle screws an interbody graft at L4-L5.
3) gas in L4-L5 disc space indicating persistant mobility.
4) L4 laminectomy and right facetectomy.
5) Mild circumferential L3-L4 disc bulging.

Well that's all folks - my surgeon said nothing stands out on the disc or the written report to show anything is out of sync.

I did search my records and see that I don't have the reports from the other surgeon and asked if they could mail me a copy of the written report so I can compare it. Seems there is a lot more on this report than I've ever seen.

Hmmmm.......... As The Stomach Churns~~

~~ Joy ~~

davedsel2 replied to bj1208's response:
You have GAS in your spine?? That's a new one to me!!

I know I am not a doctor, but I see many things that could be causing you pain. Nothing may stand out to the doctor or be out of sync, but IMHO this does show why you could be having more pain.

My wonderful wife has a lot of "mild" issues like bulging discs, antrolesthesis, arthritis, DDD, etc. in all sections of her spine. All of the mild things add up and have now disabled her. It is everything together that gets us, I think.

I will continue to pray for relief for you , Joy.
Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

bj1208 replied to davedsel2's response:
Thanks Dave for reading my long CT results.

Gas is a new one to me too!! The nurse really didn't have an answer to my question on this and a few others too.

Yes I see a lot of things that can and may be the pain culprit. Having the slightest bulging disc has always caused me great pains.

I will be talking to my pain PA and will show her the report (one is supposed to be mailed to them).

And I may end up seeing the surgeon sooner if the pains get worse.

Thanks again Dave~~

~~ Joy ~~

debs_bears replied to bj1208's response:
I agree with ya both, there is much wrong. Gas in the spine I never heard of that either. If he worked on L4-L5 how can you now have discs bulging at the L3-L4 level?

I am praying for you Joy, this report doesn't sound good at all and it explains why you are in pain. Debbie

Helpful Tips

Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 37 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center