Skip to content
Back Pain
33lm33 posted:
Mine pain is worse when I'm not active, sitting too long, laying down too long. It seems when I work on my core strenght I have better luck with my back. I have sever muscle spasms so mine has a lot to do with the strength of the rest of y bod.
davedsel2 responded:

You need to start with your primary doctor for evaluation and treatment. If needed, you can be referred to a spinal orthopedic surgeon/specialist or a spinal neurosurgeon/neurologist.

I pray you can find answers and relief soon.
Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.


Anon_973 replied to katellawellnesscenter's response:
Hi Katellawellnesscenter -

Our goal on this support group is to help those that need it by letting them know what we have gone thru etc. Some need to be referred to see a spine specialist and/or a physiatrist pain specialist.

Chiropractors are great as is physical therapists, however we do not suggest they see either before being examined by a primary care physicians, orthopedic spine specialist, neurosurgeon spine specialist or even a physiatrist pain specialist (as they can order tests and refer to spine specialists).

Having any type of manipulation done to a spine without being examined by a spine specialist may, and some members have had more injuries to their spines.

You will see that the main members, who have been here for quite some time, will advise new members what they need to do in order to have their spines examined, tests ordered and reviewed by spine specialist (only ones that know how to read results accurately) and refer patients to see either chiropractors and/or physical therapist. the spine specialist and/or physiatrist pain specialist can write the script for the proper treatments for therapy care.

Our spines are the core of what helps us stand, walk, sit, exercise properly etc., and it's best to follow proper protocols when advising members.

I hope this didn't come out as a "put down" but for those of us who have had spine surgeries or are trying to wait it out, these are the best advise we can offer.

mendy44 responded:
YES YES YES and it took me just too long to quit focusing on my pain and phocus on solutions> But strenthining body core muscles is th smartest move to make. It was easier for me to work on core initially in water therapy, now I roll out of bed and do 3-4 min to loosen up and strenthen core. Sitting is gosh darn horoble. I lay at angle legs raised on pillow then switch sides on sofa, bed or what not. mendy44

Helpful Tips

Snake Venom for Pain
By Jon Bardin October 3, 2012, 12:52 p.m. Nobody wants to be bitten by a black mamba. One of the most dangerous snakes in the world, its ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 7 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center