Skip to content
Hey Everyone
bj1208 posted:
Well I had my 12 week post op check-up today. I had x-rays done yesterday and waited for the disc and did not check it before I left.

yep - they printed my CT Scan that was done 1/24/14!!! So they are having it picked up and doc will look at it when he gets chance.

He is not happy at all that I have not gotten any better so he is requesting a Myelogram test be done - Ugh hate these.

And I have a major problem I didn't think of til almost home. I cannot lay on my back - At all. Haven't been able to for about 3-4 yrs so this is not something new.

I called and left message (their lunch time) so will wait for them to call back.

I don't know if there is another test that can be done but this one will be very bad if they try to do it.

Ugh~~snow flurries today, Friday and big snow storm on Sunday~~Not turning out to be a very good week~~

Hope everyone is doing well~~Take care~~ Joy
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~
~~ Joy ~~

davedsel2 responded:
Hi, Joy.

Thanks for the update. I will continue praying for you as you go through this ordeal. Keep us informed.

More temps in the teens and lower this week after a week of 30's and 40's here in WNY. Those felt like a heat wave compared to this.

I pray everyone is having a blessed and terrific Tuesday.
Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

bj1208 responded:
Addition to update - Myelogram has been scheduled:

March 18th @ 8:15am of course I will have to be there 2 hours before to get checked in etc.

I did speak with several hospital staff in radiologist office and they assured me they have several patients that cannot lay on back so they lay on side. That's great!! Not!! LOL at least it's not "a just me problem"~~

So the countdown begins~~
~~ Joy ~~

mona717 replied to bj1208's response:
Hi Joy - I will pray that you will not have problems with the Myelogram and that it will provide answers to you and your drs. All the best - Mona

debs_bears replied to bj1208's response:
I have had them before as well, they are not fun by any means - I ended up with a spinal headache because they forgot to tell me to lay flat for the 4 hrs afterwards.

I have written the 18th down on my calendar so I can remember to pray for you. I am truly sorry you are still having so much problems in your back. Debbie
May you have the best pain free day as possible My prayers are with you. ~~~Debbie~~~

bj1208 replied to debs_bears's response:
i'm surprised they didn't have you lay flat after procedure. Each time I've had it done (5 times - ugh) I had to lay flat on back for about 4 hours. then when I went home I was told to try and lay around as much as possible til next day.

yea I don't know what was up with the care I had before and after my first surgery - had procedure done 3 times before and 2 times after. Just think I was going to wrong pain clinics/docs at that time.

last wednesday I started taking dalidids instead of oxycodone. they have me on 4mg 4Xdaily and I can tell it's not strong enough. I waited a full 1 1/2 days just to make sure and I called Friday to talk to PA - spoke to nurse as PA was out of office - ugh means I have to wait til monday.I don't care for the nurse as it seems she always gets our conversation mixed up and only hears 1/2 of what I've said. Funny as long as I have been seeing the PA I've never meet the nurse - they hire students doing interns to come in take blood pressure etc.

but as far as the med is I seem to be having some mild DT's coming from the oxycodone (30mg 4Xdaily) and dalidids not being strong enough - feel like getting a cold (hot/cold sweets) loss of appetite, more frequent bowel movements (not taking any stool softeners) and much much more increased pains.

Plus wednesday I was standing in Kitchen and turned to walk other way and something popped real real loud and lots of pain. it happened 2 more times Wednesday and 2 times thursday. I don't know what's going on so hoping they can see it on Myelogram!!

the 18th can't get here soon enough. plus I'm sick of this weather and being stuck inside - oh heck I can't even get in car - drive or ride as it tears me apart and I'm crying by time we reach destination. We have major ice/snow storm hitting this afternoon/tonight 2-6 inches tonight and 1-4 inches tomorrow - at least an inch or more of ice then snow on top!! oh joy~~
~~ Joy ~~

debs_bears replied to bj1208's response:
Joy they did have me lay flat for about 3 hrs. But told me to go home and resume my normal activities. The very next day I had a doctor appt. and had to ask them if I could lay down my head was killing me. that is when I learned I was having a spinal headache.

I was told to wait until Monday to come in for the blood patch as my headache "might" resolve itself of the weekend. Will it didn't - when I went in the doctor discovered I had 3 puncture holes and that is why the spinal headache. The moment I got the blood patch the headache was gone - that fast.

I am sick of this weather as well - I can't go any where either. I will continue to pray for you while you are waiting for your procedure. Debbie
May you have the best pain free day as possible My prayers are with you. ~~~Debbie~~~

Helpful Tips

Try water therapy
I also have had surgery for L5S1,protruding disc for sciatic pain. Everything was fine for a year. Then the pain came back and the doctor ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center