Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
VENT: I Am So Sick of Being Sick!
davedsel2 posted:
Hello, all, I know our family is not alone with this brutal winter and suffering from colds, flu and lots of itises.

Just got home from the doctor with a diagnosis of acute bronchitis, acute sinusitis and a serious asthma flare-up. I just took 15 pills, among them an antibiotic and oral steroid. I wish I had stock in Walgreens.

Believe me, there is nothing cute about this!

Hope you are all having a blessed and marvelous Monday, friends.
Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

debs_bears responded:
Hi Dave I am sorry you are so sick again. My heart goes out to you and I will be praying your lungs heal quickly the meds for it can be horrible on the type 2.

I have been somewhat lucky this season though I have had 3 surgeries in 4 months. I have managed to stay inside enough to not get sick. For the past 5 yrs I have gotten it every year, this is the first yr. of not getting bronchitis.

Debbie
May you have the best pain free day as possible My prayers are with you. ~~~Debbie~~~

davedsel2 replied to debs_bears's response:
Thank you, Debbie.

I have not been this sick for over a decade. I was having this type of thing happen every year in January or February from the late '90's until 2003. I started getting regular chiropractic adjustments in 2003 and have not even needed a rescue inhaler since then. This brutal winter is making so many people sick. Spring will be here soon and hopefully temperatures at least out of the single digits!

Blessings,

-Dave

debs_bears replied to davedsel2's response:
I hear you on the weather here in WI the weather is the pits. Currently we have 9 degrees and the Wind Chill is -5. High today maybe 21. So we have 29 days below freezing I am tired of the cold. Debbie
May you have the best pain free day as possible My prayers are with you. ~~~Debbie~~~

bj1208 replied to debs_bears's response:
Ugh same here in MO - it has been the pits - and I got really sick in January - pneumonia - and that's with staying indoors except my monthly PA visit but still I had never been so sick.

we are finally getting into the 20's today with snow, ugh again tomorrow maybe changing to rain but 40's to low 60's rest of week~~ HOPEFULLY~~

Stay warm everyone~~
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~
~~ Joy ~~

dianer01 replied to bj1208's response:
I wish I could box up some sunshine and warm temps for all of you! After a cool and rainy weekend this week is shaping up to be in the low 80's with lots of sunshine. This is the time of year I am so grateful for my little corner of the desert.

I hope everyone is feeling a little better today!

di

debs_bears replied to bj1208's response:
Hi Joy I'll even take those temps. We're not going above 30 - 38 for the next 10 days. Sometimes I wish I could just move to another state but that is just plain crazy talk. I have no family any where to move to so I'll just stay here in WI.

Hope your doing a little better pain wise. Prayers go out to you. Debbie

braumeisterbob responded:
SORRY Dave!!!!! Hope you getting feeling better!!
~~Bob

mona717 responded:
Hi Dave,
You're right - it has been a tough winter for alot of us. Spring is coming though and will definately be here by July : ) Until then - rest and feel better soon. Mona 717

davedsel2 responded:
Thank you, everyone, for you kind thoughts and prayers. I am starting to feel more human today.

Have a blessed and wonderful Wednesday, friends.

Blessings,

-Dave

mona717 replied to bj1208's response:
Hi bj1208,
I'm from PA (originally upstate NY) and we have had the worse winter in PA since they started recording temps and storms. I really feel like I'm back in upstate NY. Hang in there. Spring has to come sometime soon. Until then - hope everyone finds a good book to read or a good movie to watch. Take care everyone. Mona717

Helpful Tips

Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center