Skip to content
back pain
tessa20001 posted:
I have fibromylgia, arthritis in my lower back, a spine disc thats not even with the rest, and i just found out that my back is seizing up.i would like some information on how to deal with all this. i have a hard time sleeping, moving around, doing day to day things, and going shopping. i cant stand long and yet cant sit long without being in pain.

georgia888 responded:
Before sharing what helps my conditions (fibromyalgia, spinal stenosis, lumbar spondylolisthesis, moderate-to-severe osteoarthritis in spine & hip), let me stress that before engaging in any exercise always check with your doctor to see if it may be safe for you.

That being said, water therapy is my best medicine. The water provides a buoyant atmosphere allowing our bodies to move more easily than on land.

Best of luck to you.

Helpful Tips

Try water therapy
I also have had surgery for L5S1,protruding disc for sciatic pain. Everything was fine for a year. Then the pain came back and the doctor ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center