Skip to content
Cervical disk replacement C5, C6, C7
tjdibez posted:
HI ALL. IT HAS BEEN ONE MONTH SINCE I HAD MY OPERATION, AND I AM IN SEVERE PAIN AND DISCOMFORT. NOT SO MUCH THE WOUND, BUT I HAVE A NUMBING PAIN FROM THE TOP OF MY SPINE TO THE BOTTOM OF MY NEK. THE IMMEDIATE RESULTS WERE AMAZING, BUT NOW I AM IN CONSTANT DISCOMFORT. I'M SURE THE SURGEON DID EXACTLY WHAT HE SHOUL'VE, BUT I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF I SHOULD RUN BACK SCREAMING, OR IF THIS IS NORMAL AFTER SURGETY SIDE EFFECTS.....

bj1208 responded:
Hi

you should call the surgeons office talk to surgeon or his PA and explain everything you are experiencing. They will let you know if this is normal or if you need to be seen

don't be afraid to call their office with questions concerning your recovery. That's what they are there for.

please keep us posted what you find out.
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~
~~ Joy ~~

tjdibez replied to bj1208's response:
Thanks for the reply, problem is, my surgeon is out of the country at the moment, and will only be back at the end of June. Just a week, will survive!

bj1208 replied to tjdibez's response:
Hi tjdibez -

Well it's only a week - and sometimes that week seems like forever - hope your pains are manageable til you can call/see him.

Keep us posted ~~
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~
~~ Joy ~~

tjdibez replied to bj1208's response:
Thanks! Will do

Helpful Tips

Try water therapy
I also have had surgery for L5S1,protruding disc for sciatic pain. Everything was fine for a year. Then the pain came back and the doctor ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center