Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Update On Me - ESI
davedsel2 posted:
Hello everyone. Sorry I do not post as often as I once did. So much happening in our lives right now.

I had my very first in my life epidural steroid injections into my lower (very lower, about in the tail bone area) back by my pain management physiatrist yesterday. Today my pain levels are at about a 4-5, where they have been 6-8+ for about many years. So far I am thrilled with the results. If my pain levels stay this good he will do a rhizotomy within the next few months.

My pm did the injection that low because he felt it would help my hips as well as up to the T section. So far, so good.

Hope you are all doing OK. Praying for you all. Have a blessed and wonderful Wednesday, friends.
Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

davedsel2 responded:
Oh, one more thing. My wonderful wife has a workmans comp hearing on Monday, 7/7/14 to discuss the fact that the work injury caused permanent disability. She has doctor's evidence that she is totally permanently disabled but the IME reports differ, of course. Her attorney is working hard for her and feels the judge will rule in her favor. After that, there may be a settlement. This has gone on far too long and is just so frustrating.

I would appreciate prayers/good thoughts for this hearing on Monday.

Thanks very much.
Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

debs_bears replied to davedsel2's response:
Hi Dave good to see you again, I am not here as much as I'd either but come as often as I can.

I am glad to hear the injection has worked well enough to bring down your pain levels.

I will keep your wife in my prayers for Monday that all will work out in her favor.
It is my prayer that you have a Blessed Day in all that you do. ~~~Debbie~~~

trs1960 replied to debs_bears's response:
Good news Dave. I've had really good luck with caudal epidurals. I've had relief for over a year.

Good luck with your wife's case.

Tim

Helpful Tips

Steps For Getting Back Pain Diagnosed And Treated
Many people come to this WebMD Back Pain Community looking for help in getting a diagnosis of a cause and relief from their back pain. Most ... More
Was this Helpful?
216 of 332 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center