Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Surgery 8/15
debs_bears posted:
I will be gone for a few days recouping from a minor surgery. My ostomy needs tweaking. Suppose to be day surgery but we think I have another hernia that needs attention as well.

Surgery is at noon hope to be home by 5pm I will post as soon as I can. Take care, Debbie
It is my prayer that you have a Blessed Day in all that you do. ~~~Debbie~~~

trs1960 responded:
Best wishes, heal up and get back on your feet.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Tim

victoryinchrist2014 responded:
Sending well wishes <3 Can I ask what kind of surgery you had? I am new to this group.

davedsel2 responded:
I will be praying, Debbie.
Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

jm1960 responded:
double prayers sending your way~~ Joy

debs_bears replied to victoryinchrist2014's response:
Hi I have an ileostomy (I wear a bag) I have no colon. My stoma is the part that needs tweaking, it has become very swollen and long.

Typically colostomy and ileostomy stomas are only 1" round by 1" long or high, mine is currently 1" at the base or stomach level by 2" in the middle and 2-1/4" long. At a good situation, so Lilly my stoma's name needs to be resized or what we call have a revision.

I hope this helps without being too graphic. I can always read my profile to see more about me.

debs_bears responded:
Thanks for all the prayers I am now off to dream land I will post as soon as I am able.

debs_bears replied to debs_bears's response:
I am home and I am going back to dream land I will post in the morning.

trs1960 replied to debs_bears's response:
Sweat dreams

debs_bears replied to trs1960's response:
Sorry I have not been back since Friday been really tired. Have to take Benadryl cause of an allergy going on since my surgery - a product I have used for over a year - and I have to wait until tomorrow to get in to see my ostomy nurse.

Surgery went well no pain until Sat. when I tried to get up to go to the bathroom - ER pain from my stoma to my hip on the right side. I took 2 Ibuprofens and went back to bed. I awoke 3 hrs later in no pain - none since.

So every thing is fine there - I start my Forteo this Wed. for the osteoporosis - I am praying I am not allergic to that cause it is the only stuff I can have due to my other health issues.

Thank you for all the prayers and support they have been felt.

jm1960 replied to debs_bears's response:
hey Deb - am so happy things went well.

let me know how ur new med is that u start on wed. Since I have neuropathy in both legs the first thing those type of meds to is go straight to my legs and causes horrible nerve pains.

so glad everything went well. Take care - Joy

debs_bears replied to jm1960's response:
Hi Joy Forteo can be used in the stomach or the thigh, not sure at this point where I will use it. I have to get trained first - that is on Wed. I will keep you posted.

Helpful Tips

Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center