Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Muscle Problem...
o0_rayne_0o posted:
Ok so first of all let me put that I am 28 years old and very active. I have done exercise for over 3+ years straight now. I know my limits, I know when to stop and how to keep correct form to prevent injury.

Now onto my problem. For the last like 7 months my muscles have been injured very very easily. I shut my car door and the muscle right below my elbow was pulled, it hurt so badly it felt like I had fractured my arm just by gently shutting my car door. About a week ago I went to sit down in my car and as I was halfway in I felt a sharp pain in my hip where the leg connects to the pelvis and severely strained a muscle, it hurts to sit, stand or walk and I can't lift it or move it forward or backward. It is healing slowly... now today I was walking through my kitchen and all of a sudden got a severe pain in my ankle and had to stop and let it rest and now it feels like I pulled a muscle in my ankle. I don't understand what is going on with me, I have always been so physically strong and never had problems with strains before so why am I severely straining muscles from doing every day things? I have an appointment Tuesday and I plan on discussing this with my doctor but I was hoping to find someone that may have some ideas on what might be causing these issues.

I don't know if it is related but for about the past year I have been also having some joint pain, like if me and my husband are having our alone time and I sit on top my hips hurt and lock up and I have to very slowly sit up before I have full range of motion again. I feel like I am getting old!

o0_rayne_0o responded:
Oh and I have noticed some Sciatica pain in the last few months and lower back pain as well.

davedsel2 replied to o0_rayne_0o's response:
Hello and welcome.

No doctors reply to posts in this Back Pain Community, and we are not allowed to diagnose or give any type of medical advice. Seeing your doctor is your best course of action.

Please feel free to update us after he/she diagnoses what is causing your problems.

I pray you can get answers and relief soon.
Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

jm1960 replied to youllfeelbetter's response:
To YOULLFEELBETTER your post is being reported as you are giving advise to a member without knowledge of seeing the person. We cannot make diagnosis per webmd's guidelines.

Helpful Tips

Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center