Skip to content
knot on side of spine
MMLS posted:
Has anyone ever had this? I have a knot on the left side of my spine near L-1 L-2 are in my lower lumber spine the size of a golf ball. Now its affecting my buttock on my left side it hurts to walk. It feels like that whole nerve there is pulled and I cant extend it when I walk. I have the pain in my buttock ;like I say but it also hurts my knee calf and the arch of my left foot,When I walk I cant extend my leg as I walk. I ve had a couple of laminectomies in my lumber spine last one was in 2003. Please any ideas or advice. Thanks for your help,

Dot40324 responded:
Hi...Since you have an actual knot that close to your spine, I think you need to get it seen about soon. Apparently it is affecting a nerve that is causing all this pain. I have had muscle spasms that has knotted up but they don't last long at a time. The knot goes right back down once the spasm has passed.

Please call your Dr and see what this is.Let us know what you find out ok?.........Dot

littletwister1963 responded:
Bless your heart. I really think you need to be seen right away!!

Keep us informed please.

Lori

daddio00835 responded:
I get kinda the same thing. Mine tho are where the dr did a vertiplasty in the mid part of my back. I wouldn't have known it was there if it weren't for a friend of mine. I had her look to see what was going on back there. ike I said it felt like it was in the lower part of my back,I had pain in my legs,butt,and other body parts. VERY PAINFUL!! But she said it was in the mid part of my back. I tried some lido patches they helped a lil but it ( pain) was still there.Sorry I can't be of more help, but I know what you'r talking about.

Helpful Tips

Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 43 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center