Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Anterior pelvic tipping
    inverse posted:
    Over the last few years I have heard PT and Chiropractors talking about Anterior Pelvic tip and how it is associated with low back pain.
    Could someone please explain how these two are related and what if anything can be done to correct my problem.
    Was this Helpful?
    10 of 23 found this helpful
    bj1208 responded:
    hi inverse - welcome to the support group -

    you have to look at the entire picture - your pelvis is attached to the lower vertebrae and if that becomes tilted to either side it will affect the spine and cause problems -

    it's funny i just ran across your posting as I took my mom to the pm doc today (took her to mine - she's had bad, bad pains for over 20 years)

    the pm doc looked at her MRI and when he came in and examined her he was telling her that her pelvic is turned and causing a lot of pains - but she also has a lot of bad back problems (she used to pick cotton when she was little - depression era in the south) so that took a tole on her back - plus her side of the family has bad back problems -

    so yes this will affect it -

    one thing that the pm doc recommends for my mom is to see their chiropractor -

    BUT - you need to be examined by and orthopedic spine specialist and/or neurosurgeon spine specialist to review the MRI/CT Scans - then they can direct you in the right course of treatments -

    take care and let us know how u are doing - Joy~~

    Helpful Tips

    Ice works wonders More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 4 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center