Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I know how you feel
Kmilla posted:
From what you said happened in cheerleading, I'm guessing you are suffering from what is called a subluxation, which was caused from trauma. These can happen commonly in car accidents or sports injuries. A subluxation is when one or more of the vertebrae of your spine is ever so slightly turned on its axis. This causes the nerves that are exiting the holes of the vertebrae to become pinched and can cause immense pain. You can get this diagnosed through x-rays done by chiropractors, who are trained to look for the slightest imperfections of the spinal column and pelvis. Without insurance, I would look into local schools that are training students to become chiropractors. They often charge way less and are just as beneficial. This would be fairly inexpensive and a lot more affordable than going to see a spinal specialist.
Was this Helpful?
1 of 6 found this helpful

Helpful Tips

I have resolved my tailbone / coccyx pain (coccydynia)
About two years ago I started experiencing pain in my tailbone while sitting. If I sat for more than a couple minutes, the pain would start ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center