Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Has this happened to anyone
mommaange1 posted:
So at my last pdoc's appointment she took me off of my lunesta because I was doing thing at night that I didnt remember. One night I got up and fried chicken for my son around midnight. Anyway, she changed me to Ambien which is not doing a thing for my falling asleep. Do you think I should ask for my lunesta back or waste my time with the Ambien?? Does anyone know of any other sleep medications?? I have tried the tea and the melatonon (however it is spelled) and it does nothing. I cant stand not sleeping. Any ideas

midge6869 responded:
Have you tried Benadryl? I usually take a couple of them. The only problem I have is sometimes it takes a while before it kicks in. I love my Ambien, unfortunately it is habit forming.
Melissa

ddnos responded:
Hey there momma - I would definately tell her the ambian is not working, but i don't know that i would want to go back to Lunesta if you were having those affects from it. Have you tried tamazepam/restoril? Any sleeping pill that you take every night will lose its effect unless you continue to increase its dosage. Then, when you try to sleep w/o the sleeping aid, it's hard to get your body used to sleeping on its own. But I would talk with your pdoc becasue she can't help if she doens't know whats going on. tell her ambian is not working and could she give you something else..and i would also talk about the problem of taking sleeping pills everynight and what is the better course for you. My opinion and experience.

Debbie
Make sure the facts are straight before you start drawing conclusions - Ahmed Seoudy

DizzyJgirl responded:
Sorry to say Ambien does that to me (doing things I don't remember). At times I get up and eat stuff and don't always recall that (sometimes I very vaguely remember it). But the longer I have taken it, the less that happens to me. I tried lunesta once...never again. Couldn't deal with the side effects from it.

What dose of ambien did she give you? I take 10mg and my pdoc says anything above that doesn't increase its effectiveness. I think I started at 5mg.

There are other options. My son has a low dose anti-depressant for a sleep aid (that he no longer takes so I can't remember the name of it). It wasn't topomax.

Good luck and yes you need your sleep! Take care.
Live Life Loud

senistar responded:
AmbienCR is better, also Rozerom.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Kee pyour head up
Don't let this illness bring you down. Always keep you head to the sky because someone is watching you and I. Sometimes this illness can ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.