Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Anybody here taking lamictal???
shania09 posted:
Anyone have a rash on their body that lookws like a allergic reaction to something? And small white bumps like zits, but smaller? Its not the rash u hear about when u first start taking it. I am up to 200mg now. I went to a docs, but they thought it was a staph infection and put me on Cipro. I didn't take it because I have had a staph infection before, and it didn't look like this. I asked Dr G, but he probably won't get back to me intil tormarrow. Anyway thanks ya"ll!!
Just be yourself............Everyone else is already taken.  

The biggest mistake you can make is being afraid to make one...

midge6869 responded:
Hi Shania, I take 250mg of Lamictal but have never experienced the rash. I'm sorry I cant help you. Please keep us updated.

mommaange1 responded:
I am on 400mg lamictal and never experienced any kind of rash. I would have your pdoc check it out since they will be most familiar with it. How long have you had the rash?? It doesnt sound like what Dr. G described in the past but I could be wrong and dont want to try to diagnose you. I would definately get it checked out though and if it is a staph infection then take those antibiotics. They definately cant hurt.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 91 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.