Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Decreasing Depakote
bpcookie posted:
Hey peeps, I want your opinions or expertise. My blood test have been showing that my Depakote lvls were too high, so when I saw my Dr. on Wed. I asked him if I could lower the dose of my Depakote. I was taking 2000 Mg a day, now I take 1500 mgs a day. I started this on Wed. Lately I have been feeling kinda depressed. Would decreasing my Depakote add to my depression and anxiety so soon? If not, then its got to be due to all the stress I have been under lately with all my health problems, multi Dr. apts, exhaustion and all the other stuff. So what do you guys think? I just hate feeling this way.
Instead of a sign that says Do Not Disturb I need one that says Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution.

purpledolphingirl4 responded:
I say give it time, It may be due to you being stressed out and worrying about your health (physical). If it continues, then see the doc about it. Your body may need time to adjust to the change to the dose. Hang in there.

beej

bpcookie replied to purpledolphingirl4's response:
Hey Beej sweet heart, its so good to see you. Thank hun. How are you doing? I hope all is well. muahs
Instead of a sign that says Do Not Disturb I need one that says Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution.

slik_kitty responded:
it could be the depakote, but it's a little early to tell, so give it some time. hugs.

Dyanne48jj responded:
Cookie I take 1500mgs per day. If I happen to miss 1 x 500mg, I am able to tell by late the next day! Then I go and look and sure enough I didnt have it.
That only happens when I am having an all day migraine and working in those meds, I am unable to take all of the originals.
So i would tend to say yes.
Maybe rotating 2000 1 day, then 1500 q.d for 8 days to level out? just a thought
Oceans and Stars- Dyanne

bpcookie replied to Dyanne48jj's response:
Thanks sweetie, Since Ive already lowered my does for almost a week now, I figured I will just leave it as it is. I will just suffer through it, talk to you guys if I feel depressed and also my hubby will help.

Just being able to get support from my buddies here, helps so much. muahs

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Need some advice...
I am 32 with a wonderful family and just found out that I am bipolar. 20 days ago they left me due to one of my outburst. I need them back ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.