Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Fun Fun Friday!
tryforever posted:
Good Morning Everyone,

Weather: The sun is back, yeah! its been days.....

Sleep: 6 or 7 hrs

Mood: Very good

Plans: I am out of town visiting family and will make it back a bit later to do a 3hr shift at work. My mood has been stable so far today, and it feels good to know I am getting better from this hectic manic episode.

I am glad I am able to still work a bit right now, but it is only because I don't have to work around many people (I do respite work that involves just me and the client, very stress free and enjoyable)

II hope everyone has a nice relaxing weekend!

Grace
FirstPrevious12NextLast

minkysmom1 responded:
God day y'all,

Weather: Very nice,Sunny,warm. Got all the animals turned out on green ,green grass. Beautiful.

Sleep: O.k.. Woke up dreaming I was in the front row of a Katy Perry concert at one of my favorite concert venues. Can you say, impossible?

Mood. Good,a little scattered but good.

Plans: I'm cleaning up and going to town. Need some supplies. I also have got to get some new magazines. May take in a movie too. Something unbearably funny. I need a good laugh!

Loves,

Minky

bpcookie responded:
Good Morning my Beeper Dahlings

Weather: hot and sunny. Supposed to get up to 100 deg over the weekend

Sleep: Slept very well

Mood: Very good so far

Plans: Grocery shopping. Grocery shopping takes me about 1 hour 1/2, thats on a good day. Ive been clipping coupons and I have to check every item that I have a coupon for. I wont use my coupond unless I get the item for free or very cheap. We will prob. watch a movie tonight.

Love to all. muahs
If you can't convince them, confuse them. - President Harry S Truman

bpcookie replied to minkysmom1's response:
Hey Minky, I rented The Black Swan. I know you had seen it and didnt like it, well now I have seen it and I didnt like it either. What a dark, sad, disgusting movie. I love ballet and thats what I rented it for, but its not worth watching the little bit of ballet that was in it.

That movie could be very triggering for some ppl. The mother was triggering for me. The way the mother acted reminded me of my step mother.

So anyways, just wanted to let you know that I totally agree with you.

skypper responded:
Hello and Happy Friday Everyone!!!

weather today is mostly sunny with a high of 74

sleep was alright

mood is ok today too

plans: gonna go try talk to my neighbor again, see if she answers her dang door, we need to do some work under then fence but can't do it with her dogs out there trying to attack us...other than that clean the house, i already cleaned up my room, no cooking since i made spaghetti yesterday and we have TONS of sauce leftover...and try to figure out some way to come up with a little bit of cash, ask for donations or borrow it, idk, but the vet bill took all of our utility and insurance money, so i'm not sure waht we're gonna do, we don't even have toilet paper right now! been using paper towels...but my babies were more important, they're our family and it wasn't really a choice whether or not to get them the care they needed...once i get paid again i'm going to purchase pet insurance for them for the future but that doesn't hep too much now...i suppose we'll manage somehow...

Hope everyone has a good day today, and if you're not having a good day please accept my hugs and love, I care about you all very much!

Love
~sky~
If you're not afraid to die, why be afraid to live!

Dyanne48jj replied to skypper's response:
I accept your love and hugs and will give you some of mine as well! thx.
glad you are feeling better and your babies are recovering.
I am so so sorry regarding your financial situations, but it seems that it hasnt brought you down..so dont let it! this is a 'it is what it is' situation and you just have to roll with it unfortunately, but dont let it 'win' twice by bringing you down.
hugz and wuvz

To everyone enjoy your movies!
its a MAJOR nascar weekend for us woot woot.
I see an over-order of pizza tonight hence no cooking fri and sat. hehe
I need to clean as, i always do and never feel up to. Tomorrow I will go to the market.
I KNOW I am crazy....THAT is what keeps me from going INSANE!!! Oceans and Stars- Dyanne

bpcookie replied to skypper's response:
Hey honey, wont your vet take payments? My vet. does that. Also, for toilet paper, go to the dollar store and get some there.

I really feel for you. I know how much those vet bills can be. We spent thousands and thousands of dollars on my dog Cookie. They are just like children, we are willing to pay any amount to take care of them.

Oh also, there is pet ins. You can ask your vet. about it. It might save you a bunch of money in the future. Chewy is only 2 yrs old, so we are going to hold off getting pet ins. on her until she becomes about 6 or 7. hugs honey

skypper replied to bpcookie's response:
no they woiuldn't take payments, it was half up front and the other half when i picked them up...i just wrote the checks and hoped we could cover it, i knew the bf had just got paid but i also knew it was bill time...the whole situation just sucks...and i am getting that pet insurance too as soon as i get paid...
i tried going over to the neighbors again, but she did not answer the door AGAIN, so i typed up a letter and taped it to her door, this is what i wrote:
Friday, May 20, 2011

Dear Laura,

I don't have your phone number and I have tried coming over a few times to talk but there has been no answer to the door so I'm leaving you this note.

We need to dig a trench along the bottom edge of the fence today (Friday) and tomorrow (Saturday) because we are going to be adding concrete there so that the dogs can no longer dig from EITHER side. I wanted to ask if you could please keep your dogs inside while we do this so they aren't trying to get through and attack my son while he's working. They always do bark, dig and jump at the fence whenever my boys are out back pulling weeds.

It would be very helpful if you could pitch in for the concrete, we are thinking it will cost around 100 dollars so maybe you could help with 50?
My dogs just got back home from the vet yesterday and after having surgery they are going to be ok. In case you are wondering our vet bill was 900 dollars and I will have to take them back for check-ups as well to remove stitches and the drains from my Jackson's neck.

Also we are asking if you could please have the fence on your side fixed where the boards are bowing to make it safer. I don't know for sure but my husband may be able to do that for you if you get the supplies but I'll have to ask him.

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Michelle
and i left my phone #'s but won't post those here of course

skypper replied to skypper's response:
also should add here that the vet did give me a very large discount of about 500 dollars, so i can't really complain too much, but 900 is still a whole lot for us...but you can't really put a price on life right?especially when it comes to your babies

minkysmom1 replied to bpcookie's response:
So I'm back from town and had a glorius magazine run! Yea!
I also went to Walmart (It's really out of the way for me) and splurged on two summer tops. Supper cute and only $10 each. Cotton too. I'm not a big t-shirt material fan. I like my tops breezy!
It's my Mom's birthday so I'm going to wrap up some gifts and kick it a bit today. Need to move some livestock around to keep the pastures even.
I've been riding the new horse and he's being a good boy.
Still a little nervous when we get into the brush and I have to clear the way with my machete-like tool on horseback.I have to be really slow and steady with him.

Hope everyone's having a good day!

Loves,

Minky

Dyanne48jj replied to skypper's response:
skyp did you talk to the HOA ???
I would AND I would give them a copy of that letter to have on file!
Never hurts to have appropriate 'paper trails' baybee
I KNOW I am crazy....THAT is what keeps me from going INSANE!!! Oceans and Stars- Dyanne

margaroo replied to Dyanne48jj's response:
Good afternoon everyone!

Weather: Sunny and warm

Sleep: Woke up several times to change my body position because I was stiff and sore. I had a dream that I had to do CPR on a 18 month old boy. It was harder than I thought, but I was able to save him. Whew, intense!

Mood: Mixed. I have a lot to do and I really don't want to move off the couch. I am using the reward system. If I got a load of laundry going, I could get on the computer.

Plans: Get the laundry done and start getting things ready for my husband's trip. He is going to Denver to help celebrate is mom's 88th birthday.

Skyp - I feel for you, sweetie. I wish I could do something to help. I think you wrote a very good letter.

Hugs to all,

Maggie
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

skypper replied to Dyanne48jj's response:
yep, you are so right, i do need to talk to them but figured i'd give her a chance first ya know? because i know they're gonna ask if i spoke to her, so i have to an attempt to work it out first...we'll see if she at least calls, if not well then i will know for sure she's avoiding and will have to take further action...this just pisses me off you know? i mean why can't people just be responsible, if you want to own mean aggressive dogs then you should be prepared to deal with the consequences and for God's sake keep them secured, i keep a close eye on my dogs and their small and harmless...people just have no manners or common decency anymore, ugh

skypper replied to skypper's response:
well she finally called me...says she won't be home today, so i may have to have my son wait until tomorrow to do the digging...also that she's on ssi and doesn't have money to help us out financially...which i kind of figured was the case...when it rains it pours eh? so now what...maybe take in the recycling though it's not much, need to find some money...sigh...need to brainstorm on this...wish i could have a yard sale but i don't really have anything to sell...

ddnos responded:
Weather - nice, on way to low 70's

Sleep - good

Mood - good but weird

Plans - i had few htings was going to do but i can't remember - trying to remember. Maybe gonna go to thrift store again for pants/jeans because ingreat need for them. . Also, going to wash my windows..maybe do that first so dont do too late. I think going to call physical therapist office to make first appts but keep putting off for somer reason. i have first 5 appts free, so its not financial that im putting off. just cant seem pick up the phone to make call. so will try today. forgot was going to see chiropractor monday and its already friday, ooops. sometimes they still can fit me in last minute, so maybe call to see if they can do that today. need hair cut, but thismonth had to spend extram money and so try to not do what costs. but hav 15 co pay for chirpractr so ..............forget it, im ramble and dnot even know what im saying. so i sign off.
No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change. - Barbara de Angelis

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Kee pyour head up
Don't let this illness bring you down. Always keep you head to the sky because someone is watching you and I. Sometimes this illness can ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.