Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
experienced wellbutrin useres
maxine729 posted:
I've been taking a quarter tab (yes that little) of wellbutrin for about 5-6 days now. As of yesterday I started a NEW depression, lots of suicidal thinking...which I can't say is new but it feels different, like a new depression, one with a clearer mind ha ha ha ha ha ha ha whatever.
I'm not sure if I should quite the quarter tab or if this is a normal period.
The first few days I started to feel well then it just feel off.
thanks,
max

minkysmom1 responded:
TRIGGER......

Hi Maxine,

Suicidal thoughts are never normal. You need to call your Doc asap.You haven't been on it long enough,so it should be easy to stop.
I remember taking Wellbutrin a long time ago and I only made it for about 5 days before it gave me excruciating headaches. They had me stop right away.

Loves,

Minky

maxine729 replied to minkysmom1's response:
I've just read that some people get worse on Wellbutrin before they get better.

maxine729 replied to maxine729's response:
It's not like the suicidal thinking comes out of nowhere, it's that I feel so bad that it makes me think that.
Frankly I'm tired of feeling bad all the way around. My two children are the only thing keeping me around.

HeidiSue3 replied to maxine729's response:
I know the feeling, not with Wellbutrin but it is hard when all that keeps us going is our children. Call your doctor because even though they are keeping you going I have always felt and believed that I can not adequetly provide them witht the love and affection they need until I can handle my own issues.

Heidi

maxine729 replied to HeidiSue3's response:
Touche', not being able to provide that love and affection is what makes me think they would be better off.

HeidiSue3 replied to maxine729's response:
Definetly not, even though I have to admit several days I also feel like that. My belief is that that is all part of being bipolar which just really sucks when you feel like this. I hate my life often on being a damn bouncy ball bouncing up and down and never the same heighth and never in the same spot. I swear my children suffer through my bouncing all over the place.

SFGiantsgirl responded:
Wellbutin didn't work for me was on it for a month. It gave me a headach and made me anixous.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Screen out people who can't seem to "get it"....
There are some people who can't or won't understand at all. My wife is bipolar, and some people are more understanding than others. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.