Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Depressed today
TryForever posted:
I am trying to get better from a hospitalization one month ago and I feel really depressed. I am pregnant so I am really worried about that. My schooling this year was interrupted by me falling ill and I am not able to work right now. I feel useless. I have been taking it out on everyone around me and not feeling to great about that either. It feels like every time I try to accomplish something the rug is being swept under my feet. Anybody feel this way to?

L

pixe5 responded:
I definately feel that way too. Between bp and fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue I have not accomplished most of my goals. I've sort of given up on them right now but I don't feel good about it.

Pixie

margaroo replied to pixe5's response:
L -

I completely understand. Even after 13 years I still can have a terrible time battling deep depression. The one thing that time has taught me is that you will pull through. I could not even fathom that until 10 years ago. I have had to change my perspective of my self worth. I had to accept some things that I had found unacceptable, including the feelings of guilt when I felt I failed others. Being pregnant adds an extra strain on you mentally and physically. You did the right thing by posting this. You are not alone and reaching out will help you get through each day.

Gentle hugs and lots of support,

Maggie
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

bptwin responded:
For a long time I felt like I was hiking up a slippery slope and every time I started to get my footing, I would lose it and fall ten steps back, so I feel like I can relate to what you are saying.

Congrats on your pregnancy. My biological clock is just about out of time, so I am envy anyone who is pregnant right now . I hope you can find some projects (big or small) that you can tackle to give you a sense of accomplishment.

Take care!

WolfFaerie responded:
Dear L: I feel that way right now that nothing I do will ever get accomplished how I want it too. So why bother trying to do anything but I also know that doesn't accomplish anything either. So I'm taking things one step at a time. While trying not to push myself in directions I'm not ready for either.

Gentle hugs if okay?
Wolf

TryForever replied to WolfFaerie's response:
If there is one thing that I have learned though trying different things, then falling ill, is that I can get back up. Thank you to everyone that replied, it shows me none of you have given up either Hugs...

L

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
67 of 90 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.