Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Is it possible for a new med....
shania09 posted:
I am taking cymbalta 30mg once a day for about a month or so. Well I have a history of getting panic attacks, they seem to be getting worse. Last night I had one out of the blue no warning at all. I felt as if had a strong band tightening on my chest it actually hurt! Then of course I began sweating more buckets then I already am being hot. I mean I was dripping with it. (sorry TMI). I gave serious thought of going to the ER, but then it was soon over. I do not know if takng this new med has affected me like this or not, all I know I really do not want to feel like that ever again. Any ideas??
Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.....

shania09 responded:
Hey need some advice!! Anyone?? Dr G?
Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.....

pixe5 replied to shania09's response:
Hi Shania,

I haven't had that problem with Cymbalta but that doesn't mean it can't happen I guess. Did the chest pain feel the same as a panic attack? If not then you might want to get checked out. Just because it went away doesn't mean that there isn't a problem.

I wish I could be of more help.

Pixie

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
69 of 92 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.