Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Need to Runaway
littlerunaway posted:
Where to begin,
Long Story but all I can say is I feel the need to runaway from family. I'm Bipolar, explosive, irritable, agitated, restless, depressed etc. and all in all TOXIC to those around me. Meds take to long to work and I just dont have the patience, or they are too strong and make me sick, so I tend to refuse therapy. Husband wants me to check into hospital. I feel its useless. So I ranaway while kids are at grandparents. I feel they are better off but husband says they need their mom. Really??? Better seeing me in hell? or better when mom is out of sight out of mind. I want ro run so far and create a new life. I know in my head that's not possible but I still run. Not sure what to do. So with not knowing what to do I felt the need to stock pile all sleeping pills (Just in Case). Not saying I'm suicidal but I'm scared and just dont know what to do, I'm a planner so I also felt need to hide pills in a bag, where they will not be detected just in case my husband follows through with having me involuntarily commited. So far I've been really good at manipulating system and hes unable to legally have this happen. But just in case I've got the plan. Dont want to use the pills, so I left ran away hoping when I get the energy to create new life. And as for the kids. Their dad is Amazing and I know they are well taken care of. Better if I'm not there.l

Take the Poll

Should I go to inpatient? Episode lasting now 2 mths. Lost 35lbs. Havent slept more than 4hrs in 3 wks. I hate to loose my freedom in the hospital, hate rooming with someone, hate meds, HATE THE IDEA. I hate talking to people and telling them who I really am.
  • any comments MAY? help
  • what is inpatient like? was it helpful?
vote
View Poll Results

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Kee pyour head up
Don't let this illness bring you down. Always keep you head to the sky because someone is watching you and I. Sometimes this illness can ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.