Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
NFL Football Discussion Post. Whats Your Opinion??
bpcookie posted:
Some of us football fans have been taking about this Lock Out and also the never ending rules that they keep piling on every year.

What are your opinions and frustrations?

Im tired of the ridiculous rules. Every year there are more and more. Of course its for the players safety, but, look at their padding
Take a good look at this unidentified man. He has more protection than I do when Im inside my car.

The rules they have to protect the quarterback is ridiculous. I think, if the quarterback has the ball, is in the process of throwing the ball or the ball has left his hands, then he is free game. Tackle the Hell out of him. Im tired of these wimpy quarterbacks, I wont name names, *tom brady*, who have a fit when they are sacked *tom brady* and asks the ref. to throw a flag *tom brady* because he got knocked down *tom brady*.

Also, uuummm the other team cant touch the Kicker? WTH? He has on pads, he has on a helmet, I say jump his azz.

Cant tackle someone who steps out of bounds. I say, if they step out of bounds, SO WHAT, then it becomes a free for all. lol

No hitting with their helmets. Ok, let me get this straight, this is football, the dudes wear helmets and they cant lead with their heads to tackle someone in the face??? Ok then, take the helmet off of the players and there wont be any more of this.

Also, to assist a runner you may only block for him. Again, this is football, I say tackle everyone who is in a uniform. It would make for a more interesting game.

I love the Pass Interference rule. Throw that rule OUT. If a ball is in the air and the opposite team mate is going to catch it, then knock him to the ground. No more rules.

Ok, this was mostly just ridiculous fun, but Im trying to make the point that football players have become nothing but sissies *tom brady*. Cant they just play football like they used to? With the leather helmets.

Oh and they dont deserve to make any more money, so they need to get their azzes out on the field and play or get fired and have the owners sign up replacement players instead.
If people think Bipolars are crazy, then show them we really are. Just go up to somebody on the street and say “You’re it!” and just run away!!

ddnos responded:
Roflol Cookie! You are too funny! I'm not a football fan, but I just had to reply because I loved your post! lol Go get em, Cookie!

Btw, who's Tom Brady? LOL I thought he was with the Brady Bunch? Oh wait, that was PETER Brady! Ooops! lol

I'm really just kidding lol I had heard of his name and that he played football, just didn't know what position he played, or cared. lol Now I see he plays quarterback, #12..and he is cindarella, no way, he has a cindarella story? Hmmm..something like that. Regardless, we know, from you, that he is a prima donna wimpy qb (i added the prima donna, you like? lol

Anyway, thanks for the laugh.

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

melly2210 responded:
ROFLMAO....

The thing is these guys all started out playing ball with no pads, no rules, full contact in their respective neighborhoods. Hell, I was the Tomboy from hell and played with boys who were 2-3 years older than I was. To earn my spot, I had to literally kick everyone's arse, and when my brother got old enough to play, I did it again cause he was some pansy too. But let me tell you, I was ALWAYS black and blue. The standing joke with my dad was he could wrap me in a mattress and stick me in the closet and I'd still find a way to injure myself. LOL But back to football. They all started out with full contact, no protection, no rules pickup games. It's like the older they get the more they need help.

There really shouldn't be that big of a difference between college and pro ball. But there is, specifically in those pansy a$$ rules. I watched a show not long ago that was debating how a newly drafted QB was going to "adjust" to being a pro. Hello? Isn't is the same freakin game? So he's got to learn a few new plays. Big whoop.

And don't get me started on money. We pay way too much for these morons to throw a ball around for a 4 hrs a week. Now they want more? Starve the mf-ers. Let em see how their fans live. Hell, the QB here in Tampa PAID PERSONALLY to set up a training camp for the WHOLE TEAM in a premier sports complex locally. Who can afford to do that? Really?? And they were all whining about being out of shape? They couldn't afford a gym membership? It's been too hot to go out and run a couple miles everyday? (Oh wait....it's that freaking MASS of padding doing them in! LOL)
Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

bpcookie replied to ddnos's response:
LMAO Brady Bunch. LOL. Tom Brady is the quarter back of the New England Patriots. He is the biggest, wimpiest quarter back I have ever seen.

Last year he claimed that he got his wife pregnant, I dont believe this to be true. I think he needed the help of his entire team.
If people think Bipolars are crazy, then show them we really are. Just go up to somebody on the street and say "You're it!" and just run away!!

Dyanne48jj replied to bpcookie's response:
Ditto to what Debbie said! lol Get'em Cookie get'em girl!
I KNOW I am crazy....THAT is what keeps me from going INSANE!!! Oceans and Stars- Dyanne

melly2210 replied to bpcookie's response:
OMG....the whole team helped his wife get prego. ROFLMAO. Just when I think I can't come up with anything funnier (and I am a real hoot in person..especially with baudy stuff) cookie blows me away.
Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

bpcookie replied to melly2210's response:
Oh honey, you should get out there and show those football pansies how the game should be played. We need women to take over the sport. Women are tough, they could play the game and during half time give birth on the field and be ready to play when half time was over.

LOL re dont get me started on money. ROFLMAO re starve the mf-ers. too funny.

IF they play this year, they are all going to be out of shape. Lazy B******. They are supposed to sign the agreement on tues., which wont happen. Hell, half of the football players cant even read.
If people think Bipolars are crazy, then show them we really are. Just go up to somebody on the street and say "You're it!" and just run away!!

Been trying to answer this for a couple of hours now...dang it!

There are women out there doing this already! Unfortunately, I gotta tone up and work out to qualify...hehe. Check out the LFL (Lingerie Football League)

http://www.lfl360.com/ (I attempted to do a pic, but the board no likey) Go check out what they wear to play full contact ball.

Let's see those wusses play in their tighty whities and a cup!! LOL

melly2210 replied to melly2210's response:
It was the stinking pic....GRRR...lol

now if women can play in this, then men can surely play in a thong.

These women are absolute bad azzes!!!!!!

Yeah...I don't see me ever toning back up that far. ROFL.

The attire should be added into the conditional return of players to football. Yup. Ya want more money, then we want to see tight ends. HEHE. And not just the position.

Boy, we're bad today....lol

SKIN TO WIN, SKIN TO WIN!!!!!

bpcookie responded:
So, from what they are telling us, the Lock Out may be over very soon. Yea right, I will believe it when I see it.

These losers think they run the show but in all actuality its the owners who do. If it werent for the owners then these lug heads wouldnt have a team to play on. The Miami Dolphins should not have gotten any kind of raise, because they have friggin sucked for years!!!!!! Why give a Quarter Back a raise who throws the ball to the other team??? Why give a raise to a Running Back who was fabulous one year, then smoked pot and couldnt play, then went and played for Canada and broke his stupid arm, and now has been back with the Dolphins playing like crap??? Ok, Ricky Williams is an ok player, but he is nothing like he used to be.

These cry babies have pissed me off so much that I am NOT going to buy any football stuff this year. Every year me and hubby will buy all kinds of Miami Dolphin items, such as shirts, helmets, pictures, calendars, glasses, cups.....etc., this year, they can stick those items right up their.....

bpcookie responded:
Since I have this post going, I figured I would throw in some of the best John Madden quotes. LOL. I miss that guy, he was hilarious.

1. "When your arm gets hit, the ball is not going to go where you want it to."

2. "The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break."

3. "If you see a defense team with dirt and mud on their backs they've had a bad day."

4."That was a dumb play. Dumb play. You know that was a dumb play. I mean that was a dumb play. I've seen dumb plays, but that was a dumb play."

5. "Hey, the offensive linemen are the biggest guys on the field, they're bigger than everybody else, and that's what makes them the biggest guys on the field."

Dyanne48jj replied to bpcookie's response:
Take that lil sissy-baby football out their hand and put'em in a two thousand 3 hundred lb auto w 750 horse power at over 200 mph with over 40 other drivers trying to run their asses over in no where to go but a mile or hit a cement wall. They will beg to play football for a buck-59! hehe.
ya i heard this am that it could be close to over and thought and the cookie and the mel
I KNOW I am crazy....THAT is what keeps me from going INSANE!!! Oceans and Stars- Dyanne

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
112 of 129 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.