Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Where Is That Girl?
bpcookie posted:
Where is that girl

With the long wavy hair?

Where is that girl

With the face so fair?

With sparkling eyes

And smile so sweet

Contagious laugh

Always upbeat

Where is that girl?

No where to be found

No smile no laughter

Only tears abound

Where is that girl?

Now just a dream

Only a shadow

No longer seen

Where is that girl?
If people think Bipolars are crazy, then show them we really are. Just go up to somebody on the street and say “You’re it!” and just run away!!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

melly2210 responded:
(((hugs))) She's hiding behind the bigger girl....the sad girl. She never ever leaves us sweetie. Just takes a break every now and again.
Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

bpcookie replied to melly2210's response:
Thanks honey. I just cant stand to look at myself in the mirror any more. No amount of make up can make me look good. I look 10 yrs older than I am. I have huge bags and dark circles under my eyes from stress and crying all the time. My hair is falling out by the hand fulls and I had to cut it short today. My body is falling apart. I look friggin awful and I cant imagine my husband finding me attractive any more. Its like all of this happened over night.

I dont have to be beautiful, Ive never been beautiful, but I dont want to be ugly. I dont want to be that ugly girl that my step mother said I was.

Thanks for your kindness and your hugs.
If people think Bipolars are crazy, then show them we really are. Just go up to somebody on the street and say "You're it!" and just run away!!

melly2210 replied to bpcookie's response:
You know I felt that way not very long ago. In retrospect it didn't have very much to do with the outside so much as it did the inside. I think I lost a lot of myself along the way. And that's been the hard part. Being lost inside and not recognizing the person who I had become. (((hugs))) My 20 yr high school reunion was last weekend, and omg, if I had been able to go I don't think anyone would have recognized me. But looking at the pictures and the postings over on FB made me remember who I was and what motivated me back then. And I sure liked myself. I think that maybe I just need to go back home. Maybe. I don't know. But I do know how you feel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQYNM6SjD_o&ob=av2e
Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

IrwinsLady replied to bpcookie's response:
aww Cookie, even if you were to be bald i think your beautiful. your soul makes you that way. it shines through from within. im sure thats what your hubby sees.
-Sick of it all. I wish it would all disappear!

Oh sweetie, My heart goes out to you. I hate to see others in pain whether it be physical or mental.

Im so glad that you liked who you were before and I hope you find that person again. You know the best way to find that happiness and the love you felt for yourself. I also know its ssssoooo difficult to go back and find that self love. For me it feels like its so far away and out of reach.

There was a time where I was always happy, singing, making ppl laugh, even though my home life was a night mare. But I have been burdened with so many things that I just cant be the person I used to be. Maybe one day.
If people think Bipolars are crazy, then show them we really are. Just go up to somebody on the street and say "You're it!" and just run away!!

Melly, thanks for the video. I watched part of it and just couldnt watch the rest. I guess right now Im just too sad and everything triggers me. But when Im feeling better, I will watch the entire thing. thanks hun

bpcookie replied to IrwinsLady's response:
Taylor hun, your words just make me break down and cry, not really a sad cry, just tears because you see me as something that I dont. Thank you for replying and saying such nice things to me

IrwinsLady replied to bpcookie's response:
Cookie, realize something i always tell the truth. im sorry i made you cry. hugs.
-Sick of it all. I wish it would all disappear!

melly2210 replied to bpcookie's response:
Sometimes others see us so much better than we see ourselves. We will both find that person we used to be. Like I said...she's just hiding behind the things we dislike most about ourselves. You need to get your health issues under control and then look out world. You still make people laugh and smile. Like Tae said...your soul reflects through what you see of yourself to the rest of us. (And you better not be crying...I'll have to come kick your butt ! )

ddnos responded:
She's right there with you, needing your love and comfort and to assure her that everything is going to be all right!

{{{{{{{{{{{Cookie}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

Ok, so you made me crack a smile. Yea, I guess we will find the person that we used to be, one day. I guess if my health was better then maybe I would feel better about myself.

You guys are too good to me. Love ya's.

Oh and Taylor honey, When I cried it wasnt cause you made me sad, you actually made me happy. It was a happy cry. If that makes sense.

bpcookie replied to ddnos's response:
I most def. need to love myself, but its so hard right now. I guess thats why I count on you guys.

One day I will stop the crying and feel better and then start seeing myself as I used to.

Thanks honey bunny. hugs

bpcookie replied to bpcookie's response:
the reply above this one was meant for you debbie. For some reason it isnt showing your name. Typical board weirdness

skypper responded:
{{{cookie}}} you're a beautiful angel who is loved and adored very much.
~Sky~ If you are struggling, please talk to someone. There are good and kind people in this world. There is love to know

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 91 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.