Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
AAAAAAAAAHHHH MRI Results/support needed pls
bpcookie posted:
My Gyno just called with my MRI results and since I just got the MRI done today I figured it wasnt fantastic news, especially since it was my Gyno, herself, who called me. I have two masses deep into the breast on the right side. Now I have to go in for an Ultrasound so that they can guide the needle so that they can take a biopsy. If they cant see the masses with the ultrasound, they will them do it by MRI. While Im in the MRI machine they will take the biopsy.

Un-freaking-real. Im ssssoooo tired of being prodded, poked, stabbed, tested, cut, biopsied, X-rayed, MRI'd and ultrasound'd (ok, so MRI'd and Untrasound'd isnt a word). I swear I have no friggin luck. Im so exhausted from all of this crap. Im annoyed and pissed off. I just want to be well and then be left the Hell alone. Im sitting here crying cause I have NO control over anything. Im a friggin wreck and Im tired of it all!!!!
Live everyday like it was your last, and eventually you'll be right.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

bpcookie responded:
Ok, so I have an apt. to have it done this Friday. I guess they dont use a needle, they do a small incision instead. Hubby is driving me there since its friggin over an hours drive.

IrwinsLady replied to bpcookie's response:
oh honey im sorry. i really hope everything turns out okay for your sake. i pray for you.
The voices in my head and my 2 imaginary friends got into a fight and I had to break it up by hitting my head on the wall and telling then CALM YOUR ASSES DOWN! ( my friend posted this on fb)

bpcookie replied to IrwinsLady's response:
Thanks sweet heart. Im not so worried about cancer just yet, Im just so tired of all that has been happening and this is just one more thing added to all the rest. hugs

IrwinsLady replied to bpcookie's response:
know sweetie. i cant imagine having to go through al that. you are a very strong woman and i know you can get through all of this.
The voices in my head and my 2 imaginary friends got into a fight and I had to break it up by hitting my head on the wall and telling then CALM YOUR ASSES DOWN! ( my friend posted this on fb)

ddnos replied to bpcookie's response:
Wow Cookie, you're just having a heck of time with your health! I would be pissed, annoyed and tired of all that you've been going through as well! I'm glad that you have a supportive husband to be with you during all of this!

I hope the test you have this Friday is quick and an easy procedure for you to go through and that they'll be able to do or see what they need to with the ultrasound so that you won't have to do another MRI. If you do have to have an MRI, maybe they will let your husband in there with you, huh? I had to have someone in with me during two of mine - the first time, she was able to hold my hand, the 2nd time, she held my foot. lol It actually helped.

I'm sorry you are having to go through so many health problems; I know that can't be easy, especially the ones that cause so much pain. I hope your doctors can find remedies for you so that you don't have to continue to suffer so much pain.

Maybe you can try to do something special for yourself prior to your appt friday to get your mind off things for a while, eh?

Let us know what comes of your appt on Friday.

Hugs
Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

bpcookie replied to ddnos's response:
I didnt know that you could have someone in with you. I wonder if they will allow my hubby in during the biopsy. That would help so much. If I have to have the MRI done, then my hubby will have to take a vacation day yet again cause Im gonna drug myself up on pain killers. The pain I went through today was agonizing. I have a high pain tolerance but today it made me look like wuss. It hurt so bad that all I could think about was getting the Hell out of there. I almost walked out with my I.V. still in my arm. lol.

Anytime I have pap smears or mammograms or anything thats a bit embarrassing, I always make joke during the exam. The woman who made my apt. for me said that my breast may be swollen after the biopsy. So I said "then can you do the same on the left breast also? I need all the help I can get with my boobs". Im sure I will be in good spirits by then and will have the staff laughing.

As for doing something special, the last hour I have spent in my bed eating cinnamon sticks. Yup, I ate them for a whole hour.

Thanks for your kindness Debbie, I really appreciate it. hugs

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I'm so sorry you're having to go through yet more tests and glad your husband will be with you AND that it's going to be happening soon.

May you get good news about this early next week! ((((hugs))))

ddnos replied to bpcookie's response:
Hey Cookie - yes, you can have your hubby in with you during procedures. They typically don't offer to have anyone with you, but I always ask. There are certain procedures where they can't allow someone with you, but most of the time you can. You just have to ask, and if they lean towards no, you just give them the puppy doggy eyes and they will say yes. lol I know, I've done it! lol

Lol re making jokes during exams, etc. I tend to do that as well, so we'd have fun together if we both had exams at the same time lol

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

slik_kitty responded:
huge hugs. i hope it's nothing.

bpcookie replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you sweetie. The sooner this is over with the better, then I can go on to trying to fix other health issues. Thanks for the hugs too

bpcookie replied to slik_kitty's response:
Thanks darling, hugs mean the world to me. hugs back at ya

bpcookie replied to ddnos's response:
Oh good. I can do big time puppy dog eyes and the pouty bottom lip too.

WolfFaerie responded:
Aww MamaC! You've gone thru some much already in the time I've been on the board. Sending much love, hugs, prayers, and good thoughts your way.

Grumpy Wolf

DizzyJgirl replied to bpcookie's response:
(((Cookie))) I think having the hubs there will make a big difference. Sorry, its my ambien time and my mind is flakery than usual. I like Debbie's idea for you to do something nice for yourself. something new to wear or something frufru.
Keep you sense of humor too.

Hugggssssss girlfriend.xo
Live Life Loud

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Screen out people who can't seem to "get it"....
There are some people who can't or won't understand at all. My wife is bipolar, and some people are more understanding than others. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.