Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
What works for you to relief stress? trigger or LOL your choice.
mattthecat posted:
Recently I have been feeling really stressed out the reasons do not matter those who know me will know why. So not wanting to feel stressed. I began looking for a some relief and found bubbles yes bubbles. Yes me a 36 year old male is on his apartment porch which is on the second floor using a bubble wand to fill the air around my apartment parking lot with varying sizes of soap bubbles I have never felt better my neighbors think i am crazy but every last one has laughed with me as much as they laughed at me. So am I crazy or is this healthy for me? Does any one else have unique ways of relieving stress?
Just curious.

Matt
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jselleck responded:
Okay, now nobody say sex girls, cause I know that's the first thing that comes to your dirty little minds. And while I enjoy sex, don't get me wrong, I'd rather play with my kitten Peabody. He's a bundle of energy and a joy to be with. He's still learning and sometimes is a little too much to handle, but I love him.

Dyanne48jj responded:
Hi Matt
I figured you had been stressed since I hadnt seen you post in a few days.

Guess what.......when I was in Atlanta, during my 30s and my bff about 8yrs older, we would get a huge bottle and I would take the T-Tops out of the car. We would cruise around w/loud jam music and just hold the wands in the air and bubbles went every where !!!

Then at traffic lights we would blow them out the windows even and all sorts of people would laugh and point at us.
Hey, it was a blast!

I have a Nascar colouring book I go to some times to 'just get away', its relazing like to reading a book. I may only do one page, but I am very intent on it and detailed as if I were painting Mona Lisa lol. When I finish, I have a 'feel good' I did something 'different', child like, and a strange sense of accomplishment? for lack of a better word.
I KNOW I am crazy....THAT is what keeps me from going INSANE!!! Oceans and Stars- Dyanne

Dyanne48jj replied to jselleck's response:
lmao J !!!
No, I did not think to say sex was the answer, but girl you just opened a door w "I'd rather play with my kitten "
lmao so maybe the answer for matt is playing with another 'kitten'.
thx J, for the laugh I am in stitches!
I KNOW I am crazy....THAT is what keeps me from going INSANE!!! Oceans and Stars- Dyanne

jselleck replied to Dyanne48jj's response:
Dyanne48jj Ohh NO you color to. I like animals or jungle scenes NASCAR not so much. you are so cooool.

Jselleck

mattthecat replied to jselleck's response:
Girls, girls I make a post about something innocent like blowing bubbles, go away for a few minutes and next thing I know the conversation turns to to sex and petting kittens. What no kinky bubble sex. At least bubbles do not have claws. That's my thoughts on that.

Matt

minkysmom1 replied to mattthecat's response:
Matt,blowing bubbles,even for a man,is a completely fun innocent way to pass the time and relieve stress. I do it all the time!

Peace,

Minky

Supa_Kay replied to minkysmom1's response:
Haha, You guys are too funny.... Now I have an excuse of course, I have three tots lol, but when I get the bubbles out I will play for hours on end. It helps regulate breathing and takes the mind somewhere stress-less. You can also fit like 4 or 5 cars in our drive way (we have a studio for rent in back of the house too) and I will take the kids out there to side~walk~chalk it up all the time just so I can get in a different mind set.
To the power higher above... Please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand around my mouth, Amen!

Dyanne48jj replied to Supa_Kay's response:
lmao!
Tessa...the last time I was at my granddaughters, she wanted to go in the house and play dolls. yuk!
I said noooooo lets write on the walk. she said butttttttt graaaaamma... i said but izzzzzzzy. she sighed and said ok gramma. i jumped up and down clapping lol so she burst out into laughter. we had a blast.

Matt...Bubbles are always a #1 in my book. My story above, ahhh, so perfect for me and my bff. Its where childhood bubbles 'grow up' and get to flow from a TransAm. lol
Also, I was referring to a more mature 'kitty' for you in your house Of course maybe J has long claws as well!! lmao yaaaa baybee. giddy-up

JSELLECK...I too love to colour animals
i just love animals, I wish I was taking my gr'daughter to the Safari today. There is one about 1 hr fr where she lives that you can drive thru and they come to the car.
omigosh I am getting excited just thinking of it! That was my FAV event as a child, it is just so awesome for 'me to be in their jungle'

Maybe I am just animalistic

ddnos responded:
Matt, you asked if you were crazy to do to help relieve stress...my question is, would you be crazy if you didn't have a way to releive stress, bubbles or not!? lol

I think we all have ways of relieving stress - some of them are more conventional and some of them not so conventional. The question is, does it help you? Does it hurt you or anyone else? If the answers are yes and no to those questions, then go for it!

One way I have of relieving stress is more conventional, i.e. getting a hand full of polished rocks/gems and either gently alternate the hands they are in, or move them around on a hard surface. lol Did I say conventional? I mean UNconventional. lol It's one of those things that when I do that, within moments I'm spacing out and practically drooling roflol In other words, it's like it hypnotises me into a very calm, almost sedated state of mind. I don' do that all the time.

Another stress reliever for me is walking. If my mind is in high gear and I'm a bit hyper, I will go for a walk, at which time I allow myself to let my thoughts go as fast and furious as they want, but by the time I get home, they have to chill out. lol Heck, but the time I get home, I reckon I"ve solved all the worlds problems and a few of mine too. lol Seriously though, it helps me a lot!

Cleaning can be a good stress reliever for me.

Sometimes just sitting here and watching youtube vidoes can be soothing when I need to just veg out. I can veg out and be entertained at the same time.

Blowing bubbles doesn't do it for me because I end up having difficulty breathing and coughing like crazy - so no bubbles for me unless you're trying to encourage me to bite the dust. lol

Well, I need to go relieve some stress by..........by?.....oh, don't need to relieve stress right now...so I'm good...no need to think of stress reducer at the moment. lol I know, I'm a little bit off. Anyone around me will need to learn stress reducing stradegies. lol

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I LOVE this idea. I'm gonna get some solution and blow bubbles from my back porch.

Supa_Kay replied to Dyanne48jj's response:
Hey Dy, My daughters name is Izzea... she goes by Izzy
To the power higher above... Please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand around my mouth, Amen!

Dyanne48jj replied to Supa_Kay's response:
I love that .. Izzae, wonderful.
My gr'daughters name is Izabella. SHe is gramma's Iz-woman or Izzy.

Supa_Kay replied to Dyanne48jj's response:
LOL I call my daughter Iz, my mom calls her Izzers and my grandma calls her Izzy~belle, poor kid has more nick~names than I ever thought possible LOL.

bpcookie replied to jselleck's response:
ROFLMAO Ok, how did I miss this post? Where have I been??

Matt, no its not crazy, if making bubbles relieves stress then go for it. But, if you were running around the apt. parking lot with a butterfly net and trying to catch invisible butterflies, I would say that was crazy.

Dyanne honey, blowing bubbles out of your car sounds like fun. I would most def. do that. Also Dyanne, you said you like to blow bubble......who is Bubbles? *cookie whistles and looks around innocently* LOL re play with a kitten. ooohhhh pet my kitten, that always relieves stress for me. LOL bbuuaawwwhhhaaaaa Dyanne, cant you just reply for one time with out making something dirty out of it? uuuggghhhh g/f
Live everyday like it was your last, and eventually you'll be right.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 91 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.