Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Had a great 2 days!! Hope it holds out!!
spinnato posted:
I've had a great 2 days, not manic or depressed, just 'normal'!! I took the kids school shopping yesterday to several different stores with only mild anxiety. We got all the clothes and supplies they need for school and boy was it expensive...lol.

Today, I got up early and had a home visit with my daughter's case manager. I signed up for a 'community based' service to help me navigate the ways of the newly diagnosed ADHD. Got the pets to the vet, paid some bills, put on real clothes for the last 2 days, cooked, and enjoyed.

I bought a baakbag, my school supplies, and most of my school books without feeling sick to my stomach either!!

I hope this good feeling lasts!!

DizzyJgirl responded:
That is awesome! What a great feeling isn't it?

My son is being evaluated for adhd too. Still not sure if it is adhd or something more (mood disorder...what a shock eh?). I am glad you have some help with your daughter. The dr I met with today told me my son should have an IEP at school (nothing last year and it was a disaster of a year for him). I get so overwhelmed by that kind of thing. Do keep me updated as to how things are going for your daughter, I will be interested to here.

Hope your sunshiny days continue...thanks for sharing.
Live Life Loud

ddnos responded:
Good for you, spinnato! I"m glad yo've had a couple good days! Remember them good days dont hav to depend on your feelings, cus our feelings can go all over the place - the hard part is learning how to not let our feelings control who we are or what we do, etc. Hard work, but can be done and sure pays off!

am happy yuo got lots accomplished today and hope yu have continued good days ahead!

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

spinnato replied to DizzyJgirl's response:
I'll let you know how it all goes down, for sure!! She was diagnosed at the end of 3rd grade last year but, by the time all the testing was done, it was really too late in the year to do anything. She was suspended from school for 3 days last year for writing and having other kids sign a petetion titled "Mrs. Teacher is a Fing B". This summer she's been doing behavior mod for anger issues but had no difinitive personality diagnosis. She can just be a bully sometimes and it's always someone elses' fault.

I flat refused to let the school do an IEP b/c she'll never be able to shake the troublemaker tag throughout her school life. She's a gifted child who needs some help which may, in the future, include medicine. I am willing to do a 504 with the school which can allow her to fidget or draw during her downtime. That tends to be where her trouble is, managing downtime.

I got my CBS at a place called Blue Ridge Behavioral Health. The school has reps there working with other children. Perhaps you can ask the school if they have mental health reps in your school?

pugglywuggly responded:
yay!!! good for you. one day at a time.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
67 of 90 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.