Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Very pleased with my attitude...
spinnato posted:
I HATE talking to my ex-husband but, since we have kids, I have to suck it up and talk sometimes. I called him to ask if he could get the kids haircuts since I just dropped a wad of cash on school clothes/supplies. I expected him to be petty and say no with some stupid remark about how he pays his child support. (Lord, don't get me started on support!!)

He shocked me by saying yes and got his wife to make them appointments today. He told me she'd be here at 3:30 today to pick them up. I had the girls dressed and ready at the appointed time.

Then, his wife came in. I really don't lke his wife at all either. They talk a lot of smack behind my back to the girls. Well, she screwed her face up as usual, trying to make me feel small. BUT, I didn't let her get under my skin!! I made some small talk about haircutting and they all left.

I'm proud of myself for not letting her ruin my day and for having the courage to ask for help from their dad.

bpcookie responded:
Spionnato, I know how you feel. Just hearing my X husbands voice makes me cringe.

I have never let my X, his wife, or his children in my house (besides my daughter of course). I always make them wait out side. I figure, its none of their business what I have in my house, what my house looks like, what I own or dont own. The less they know, the better.

You did very well honey. Stand your ground because his wife is not better than you and you know that. Never let her or your X make you feel anything less about yourself. Your the queen of your castle g/f. High five.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you!

Dyanne48jj replied to bpcookie's response:
good job spionnato, and ditto to all cooks said.
I KNOW I am crazy....THAT is what keeps me from going INSANE!!! Oceans and Stars- Dyanne

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
69 of 92 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.