Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
intuniv and bipolar dr?
ebayaddict posted:
I'm 33 years old, adhd and bipolar. I'm on a bunch of stuff for bipolar and ritalin for the adhd. My problem is that the ritalin is no longer as effective as it has been. I have heard that intuniv is good but have only heard about it in children. I am looking for an alternative to the ritalin (and ritalin la) that is long lasting that I can ask my pdoc about. He has said he likes the ritalin because it doesn't effect moods. Does anyone know anything about intuniv and moods? Also, is it only for children and adolescents? If intuniv isn't an option does anyone know of any other longer lasting meds? I know this is more of an adhd board question but I haven't been able to get much help there. Thanks to all.

slik_kitty responded:
check out www.rxlist.com they are a very good resource for getting info on meds.

1AkathisiA responded:
Intuniv ,Its a blood pressure pill. They needed a market share for a non stimulant stimulant, onlt treats the HD. I did adderal and dexadrine for adhd for years and dexadrine put on the focus big time. ritalin doent even come close. str8t As in school when b4 i hated school. Stattera , no real adhd likes that crap. "he likes the ritalin because it doesn't effect moods" ? ritalin was just as much as a mood upper to me as adderal minus the calm focus. I want some adderal but I quit all pills , have to stick to it !!!!

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

new
hello everyone.. new to this..hope to talk to others who knows how it is having bipolar. More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.