Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Still not sure if it's Bipolar
SFGiantsgirl posted:
My Pdoc is still not sure, but has put me on a combo of meds like Abilify, respridal and SSRI. She had methioned depeoke and Serqueal as well she said it's could be major depression or BPD. I don't know because I can get really moody. I think at this point she doesn't know. (sorry about the spelling been up all night)

melly2210 responded:
It took them over a year of one depressive episode after another before they finally settled on a BP diagnosis. Another almost 2 yrs to add the BPD in as well. Diagnosing isn't always easy. And the two have a lot of overlapping symptoms.

My suggestion is start keeping a mood chart. Ups/downs, times of days if it fluctuates mid-day. And for me, writing down what was happening to me or what I was thinking when the mood shifted has helped. It gave me a written record so I could identify the triggers in the change of moods and it helped my pdoc also identify the mood fluctuations to nail down the BP diagnosis. There are several basic diaries online you can use. Or create your own. I used a notebook and wrote every day AM...midday and PM notes. 1 page per day.

Good luck, and hang in there!

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

ladybird81 responded:
I am in the same boat as you. I have been recently diagnosed with BPD but I am still not sure. I get really moody and the lows are really low. I have had many lows and am dealing with them slowly. Some days are better than others. I feel like I am on a roller coaster. Some days I feel like I could conquer the world and have so much energy. Sometimes I feel like Im on speed.
I hope you get your answers.

margaroo replied to ladybird81's response:
SFGiantsgirl:

It can take a long time to get the diagnosis and medications right. The roller coaster ride is familiar to almost all of us. Hang on, it will get better.

Let us know how you are doing.

Maggie
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

SFGiantsgirl responded:
Thanks everyone! I will start tracking my moods and just wait and see.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Screen out people who can't seem to "get it"....
There are some people who can't or won't understand at all. My wife is bipolar, and some people are more understanding than others. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.