Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Taking some time off
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:

I just wanted to tell you my daughter is getting married on Friday, and I am taking a few days off.
I leave you in the best of care. Not only do you support each other, but Caprice will be here with you. We love her!
Thank you Caprice!
Please take care of each other and I will be back Tuesday of next week.

(((hugs)))
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

bpcookie responded:
We will miss you Chrissy. Have fun at the wedding. muahs

*waving to Caprice* howdy girl.
After twelve years of therapy my psychiatrist said something that brought tears to my eyes. He said, No hablo ingles.

margaroo responded:
Chrissy,

How wonderful! Take a few tissues or get one of those fancy handkerchiefs to dry those tears of joy.

My daughter's first wedding anniversary is on the 16th. It is hard to believe it has been a year, but what wonderful memories.

Maggie
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

DizzyJgirl responded:
Have a wonderful time at the wedding and congrats to all of you. Hope to hear how everything went when you get back. Take care and enjoy!

Hello to Caprice!
Live Life Loud

WolfFaerie responded:
Enjoy your daughter's wedding!

Wolf

skypper responded:
Have fun at the wedding Chrissy!!!
And a great big congrats to your daughter and her lucky soon-to-be hubby!!!
Take lots of pictures and enjoy your time off!!!!
(((((happy hugs)))))
~Sky~

If you are struggling, please talk to someone. There are good and kind people in this world. There is love to know

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to bpcookie's response:
  • waves at Cookie*

I just can't wait to hear all about Chrissy's daughter's wedding! It's a magical time and boy, will she be tired after it's all over!
  •  
    bpcookie replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
    My daughter is 19 and I told her that I didnt want her to get married until she was 30 yrs old or older. I told her to enjoy life now while she is young and that she always has time later to get married and be tied down.
    After twelve years of therapy my psychiatrist said something that brought tears to my eyes. He said, No hablo ingles.

Yeah, but who knows if she'll follow that advice? *chuckle*

I have two grown sons. One married his teenage sweetheart when he was 24 and she was 21 and I have NEVER ever seen such a healthy marriage of any age as this couple (and yes, they've already had plenty of very serious challenges and are pregnant with their third child). We should all be so happy. And they work on nurturing that relationship; it's not all a happy accident. I don't think either one of them thinks of themselves as 'tied down' and they each pursue their own individual interests. But their favorite person in the world, aside from their kids, is each other. They love each other's company even after all these years (they began dating very young).

My younger son is turning 25 and is only now really starting to date seriously and has no interest in getting married or having kids. Of course, all that could change should he fall in love with someone who wants both of those.

bpcookie replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
    Ohhh that is so wonderful. I love hearing *sweetheart* stories. I wish all love stories turned out that way.

Me and my hubby are best friends and we love being together. We didnt meet until we were 35. He is the kindest man I have ever met and he takes such good care of me. I feel so very lucky. I want my daughter to find someone that she can be happy with. Unfortunately, my daughter tends to leap before she looks. That girl has made so many mistakes already. LOL. Ive always told her, do not marry a guy unless you have lived with him for a few years. Its a whole different story living with someone.

Oh well, time will tell eh? We can only do so much as mothers.

Sounds like good advice to me, Cookie. I hope she hears you.

I'm so glad you found such a wonderful partner for yourself. That's always nice to hear!

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
    Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    69 of 92 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.