Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Clonazepam?
sandtiger posted:
Anyone heard about it, taken it, or know someone who has? Any info would be helpful - I don't think I've ever heard of it ...

I broke really hard today and my pdoc gave me a choice between starting this med, or being hospitalized. I'm kind of on watch the next 72 hrs even with the med, but at least i'm not being carted to the ER.

=(

~ San
:: Living is more than just being alive - Anberlin ::

sandtiger responded:
lord, i just realized that clonazepam is klonopin ... still need advice/comments on it, but at least now the name itself is more familiar...

IrwinsLady replied to sandtiger's response:
use it and its great.
You and I know whats it like to be kicked down, forced to fight. But tonight we're alright so hold up your light and let it shine! Cos this ones for you and me livin out our dreams.- Bruno Mars

sandtiger replied to IrwinsLady's response:
Did you experience any side effects, even if they were temperary, or easily ignored?

IrwinsLady replied to sandtiger's response:
can honestly say no i havent luckily. what are you experiencing?
You and I know whats it like to be kicked down, forced to fight. But tonight we're alright so hold up your light and let it shine! Cos this ones for you and me livin out our dreams.- Bruno Mars

Sukie543 replied to sandtiger's response:
I've been taking Klonoin for probably 6 years now. The only side effects I've ever noticed is sleepiness the first couple of times you take them, especially if they up the dosage. It quickly fades though and a small nap cures it. It's easy to ignore and it's not permanent either. Sometimes it makes you feel kind of dopey but that depends on how much you take.

Ljeanf responded:
I take it and it works wonders for me! It did make me really tired at first but that only last for a couple weeks. It is good stuff!

sandtiger responded:
Thank you, everyone~

I wasn't expecting anything in particular, it's just sometimes ppl have different reactions than what is listed on the 'possible side-effects' label and just wanted to check...

The pdoc gave it to me to take at night as a way to go to sleep, 1mg daily, but also gave me a second prescript. for .5mg dissolvable to be used when my anxiety gets too bad.

Thanks again!

~ San

tryforever responded:
This is a wonderful anti-anxiety medication. The medication can be sedating like most, but it is easy to get used to because it is time released. I'm not sure if it only comes as time-released, but its wonderful because it lasts evenly throughout the day.

L

berta4000 responded:
It is the best. So helpful. Take it!!!!

bpcookie responded:
Hey honey, be careful, it can be addictive. hugs
Eat right and exercise!!! You will die anyways but at least you will look good.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
69 of 92 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.