Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

    *No Dr Outside Contact Please*
    Confused .. is it my bi-polar?
    mommieof20102 posted:
    I need some information, I have some issues about thoughts and feelings... I have a hard time feeling it's like there's nothing inside, I can feel with my kids, i can feel anger and frustration but that's all, forget feeling love too... As for my mind, I feel as though I just float through life, I tend to forget things like they don't matter, I do things and no clue why.... I do not know what i think and feel is real or not...
    I do know guilt plays on me big time i feel as though i'm being taken advantage of...
    My mom thinks i should see a pyschiratrist, but what would be better pyschiatry or a mental health counselor... I''m just so lost and confused...
    I also procrastinate on everything and never finish anything..
    Please I need some help!
    ddnos responded:
    Good morning and welcome to the boards

    I would agree with your mom that seeing a pyschiatrist (pdoc) would be a good thing because pdocs are trained and qualified to diagnose mental illness(es).

    What I would suggest is that if you do see a pdoc, that before you do, I would write down a fairly detailed description of what you have been and are going through. That will make it a bit easier for both you and the pdoc because it's hard to remember so many things to tell the pdoc that would help in the process. And then key to your success with a pdoc and, if you decide to see a therapist as well, is honesty and communciation. They can't help you if you're not willing to be who you are.

    None of us here are able or qualified to diag you. Maybe you do not have bipolar but need a good therapist to work with you on your issues and help you to heal and blossom and grow into someone you are happy with. Or maybe you do you bp, and if so, then in addition to the good therapist would be medications that are suited for you. Either way, continue to ask for help. You have seen there is something not right and you have asked for help - that's a great thing! Keep moving forward in taking steps that will lead you to good mental health!

    I hope you feel comfortable to continue posting here - we'd love to get to know you and help you on your road to recovery as you also help us.

    You can`t change what people are without destroying who they were
    --The Butterfly Effect
    DoOvers responded:
    If your feelings were there they will come back. I have been there quite a few times and it is still hard to describe the lack of connectivity to anything that I was or cared for. I think taking your mom's suggestion is a good idea if you agree and make sure you bring someone who is close to you and can give a proper history to the psychiatrist. And by all means I am not implying this person has to or should sit in on the entire evaluation but more often than not when your thought processes are clouded it is good to have someone who knows what you are like when you feel well. Keep inching forward and you'll come back to life.
    beej5 replied to DoOvers's response:
    check to see if you are getting too much meds. That can cause confusion.
    curbomom responded:
    This is exactly how I am feeling but I dont have anyone to give me advice on what to do!

    Featuring Experts

    Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

    Helpful Tips

    Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
    Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    116 of 133 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.