Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Haven't been here in a while...
bptwin posted:
Hey everyone,

I haven't been here in a while. It was hard to find a good time post and I kept having problems with the message board. I think there are still board issues.

Anyway, things have been going pretty well. I still like my job, I'm still dating G and had a good holiday season. Of course, I still have bouts of hypo-mania where I feel like everything is happening too fast and I'm gonna crash and burn at any time. I also have those times when all I want to do is nothing except eat and sleep. But I am finding some balance.

Yesterday was a really hard day at work. A lot of pressure, while not feeling a lot of love from one of my co-workers. I can be super-sensitive, so this wasn't good. I try to focus on some positive meditations, can't say that they had any immediate impact, but I figure I need to start making new habits.

Today was much better but I still struggle with social support. Hard for me to ask for help. I vowed to call at least one person tonight for some support. Called my mom on the way home from work as I fought back tears (mostly from exhaustion). Found out that one of my sister's took a horrible fall, has a broken arm that could not be set in the ER, where she spent over 9 hours of her day. I am SO, SO SORRY to hear about my sister's pain. It was such a joy to comfort someone else. I picked out some flowers online to send to her.

I am thankful for good times, but the bad times have taught me sooo much!! Whatever you are going through right now I hope it reaps a bounty of life lessons, character building and a greater appreciation for the wonder of life.

I haven't been around, but I have said it before and will say it again...you all ROCK...I'm feeling the love just reading the old posts:)

Sharon

mercygive responded:
Hello bptwin,

So sorry to hear about your sister that sounds so stressful. She is so blessed to have a sister like you. Sounds like you're doing an awesome job trying to find the balance with your bp.

It definitely takes the edge off at work when you can get some love and kindness from your co-workers. As the song goes 'love the ones you're with' and the other one will come around

Have a good evening,
Mercy
I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship.
Louisa May Alcott

slik_kitty responded:
nice to see you. glad things are going well.

margaroo replied to slik_kitty's response:
Nice to hear from you again.

You are right that what we learn from the bad times is invaluable. I certainly don't want to go through again, but when something seems to be sliding downhill fast, I feel that I can be a bit less anxious or maybe I just let it slide and know that I can pick myself up and make it back.

Sorry about your sister. What a wonderful sister you are, sending her flowers. Getting a surprise bouquet does make a bad situation seem just a little easier.

Sending hugs to you,

Maggie
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

skypper responded:
So good to hear from you Sharon!

Sorry to hear about your sister as well, but I would also agree that helping others does also help us, I'm sure she's going to be very happy to receive your flowers, that's so thoughtful of you.

Hope to see you around a little more and have a great weekend!!!
~Sky~

If you are struggling, please talk to someone. There are good and kind people in this world. There is love to know

bpcookie responded:
Hello sweetie pie, So sorry to hear about what happened to your sister. It was kind of you to send her flowers. Im sure she will be thrilled to get them.

Im so glad to see that your back and I hope you stay for good now. We have all missed you. Welcome back dahling. muahs
Im female, Bipolar and Menopausal, that's a bad combination. The government wants to hire me as a deadly weapon!!!

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Screen out people who can't seem to "get it"....
There are some people who can't or won't understand at all. My wife is bipolar, and some people are more understanding than others. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.