I did a bad thing
mommaange1 posted:
So, after my hospital stay, they made me throw out all the meds I could not take anymore. Well I have been having terrible cravings for the serequel. Serequel is like my heroin. What I did last night was terrible. My son takes serequel 100mg and I have always taken 800mg. I am so ashamed that I broke down and stole his serequel. I didnt know I was capable of such a thing. I am a terrible person. I have been working with my therapist about my cravings but I was not strong. I have no idea what came over me. Wait til she hears about this. I have been off the serequel since Nov 11. More then two months I have fought it. Now I know a bit off what drug addicts go through. I guess you can now officially call me a drug addict too

ddnos responded:
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Mamma}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} you are not a terrible person. Like you said, you did a bad thing, but that doens't make you a bad person. I just means that you need to work on this more with your tdoc and have her help you think of a strategy to prevent this from happening again. What I mean is, it's too easy the fact that your son takes the med, thus, it's right there at your disposal. So maybe between you and her or your husband or a friend, you call can figure out a way that someone else will be in charge of your sons meds. They will be locked up so you can't access them in a moment of weakness. That's will help so you can't do that again, but the terapy will be to help you work on the inside - the real issues. But in the meantime, you can't have access to your sons meds and need to come up with a way for that to happen, you know?

If you don't already have an appt with your tdoc soon, I would see about making one for this week if possible. Then tell her everything. If she's worth her salt, she's not going to judge or condemn you or feel any less of you - she's there to help you and she can't do so if you aren't totally honest with her and yourself.

Again, taking the serequel last night does not automatically mean you are a terrible person. It means you made a mistake re something that is very difficult for you. Try not to put a blanket, negative statement over yourself based on one incendent - though I realize that can sometimes be hard.

Talk with your tdoc

Debbie
Fear: False Evidence Appearing Real. ~Author Unknown

bptwin responded:
Good for you for coming clean. I went off of Seroquel about 2 years ago and it was very difficult (and I was only taking about 50 mg a night). For me, the problem was that nothing else seemed work as good as Seroquel,

My mom used to take Seroquel (she was on 400 mg a night) and is now on Saphris.

Congrats for going over 2 consecutive months without Seroquel! You can do it!

DoOvers responded:
Lighten up on yourself. Before I kicked my brother out and before I knew that this drug had any addictive properties I'd notice from time to time that I'd be a little short on my seroquel. When he couldn't get heroin he would take this. Sometimes he would snort it. This sounds more like an impulsive decision than anything else. Talk to your therapist but don't waste too much time dwelling on it in the meantime.
A.C.T.