Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Problems with the board and some personal triggers
bptwin posted:
Okay, so log in and I see one discussion from today and all of the rest are at least 2 days old. Does this happen to y'all? It's annoying because I know there are posts that I am missing.

Ugh, work is now getting really stressful. So weird b/c a month ago (and for pretty much all of last year) things had been so rosy!

Now my doubts keep creeping in and it is very hard not to be overwhelmed by fear, doubt, and a whole host of very negative thoughts. I keep reminding myself that I am so much stronger than I think. I try to tell myself that engaging in these powerful emotions will do nothing but ensure failure.

I am realizing that it is hard for me to sustain long term relationships with people, especially co-workers. I want to keep my dignity and self-esteem, while at the same time understand ways to become a better friend.

It is so comforting to have a place to go when I feel down. Thanks everyone and have a good day. Hopefully I will be able to see more posts later.

moreserotonin responded:
I too find it difficult to maintain relationships. I realize that I put my spouse through allot of grief, yet I feel that he could be more understanding. It is his choice to be with me, I just wish he would chose to educate himself, and not rely on what he has been told, be other ignorant people concerning BP. Remember think positive act positive, be positive. (FAKE IT TILL YA MAKE IT) Have a Great Day.

bpcookie responded:
Hey Honey Bunny, So sorry that your feeling stressed at work. Bipolar and work dont go well together, at least not for me. And your right, you are stronger than you think.

About the board. Are you hitting the *Home* button or the *Discussions* button to view the posts on the board? I always hit the Home button cause the Discussions button seems to mix everything up. Im mixed up enough, dont need the board to add to it. hugs
Im female, Bipolar and Menopausal, that's a bad combination. The government wants to hire me as a deadly weapon!!!

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
67 of 90 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.