Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Ladies, need some suggestions please. /pos. trigger/girl talk
bpcookie posted:
Hi girls, Im having an issue and I dont quite know what to do about it. My LSC is causing me so much pain that I can not sit down today. I am on my knees, kneeling on the floor, as I type this. Even reclining in bed is causing me unbearable pain. My pain level sitting can reach a level 8 from 1-10 on the scale, 10 being highest, if I stand it cuts the pain down to a level 3 or 4. I cant stand for very long because I have chronic back pain. uuuggghhhh Im so screwed. LOL. Ive used my ointments and creams and Ive been sitting on an ice pack but I just cant stand this pain. I could pop some pain pills but I cant live on these damn pain pills every single day. I dont know what to do. Girls please come up with some ideas for me!!!! I know its kinda strange to be asking for coochie ideas on a Bipolar board, but Ive known you guys a very long time and I just dont know who else to ask. So put your thinking caps on.

Signed
The Burning Bush hahaha still have a sense of humor
I HATE being Bipolar. Its AWESOME!!!!

ddnos responded:
roflol re burning bush - sorry, couldn't help but crack up on that one!

I will try to think of ideas. At the moment, I can't htink of any.

Hmmm, does laying on your side like on the couch help at all? I mean, i know you can't do that forever, but just as another way to bring relief (temporary) and maybe watch some tv while laying there.....then maybe when your doc gets that other injection, maybe it will help and you won't have to worry about it anymore.

Re the pain pills...do they help? How many would you have to take in a days time for them to help and how many are you allowed to take in a day? I know you don't want to just be popping pain pills, but if even just one would help for part of the day, or the worse part of your day, then it would be worth it at least temporarily, huh? Did you doc say aprox how long it was going to take before getting the new injection stuff? Hopefully not too long!

Wel, that is my 2 cents worth for now..if i think of anything else, I will let you know.

Hang in there!
Hugs
Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

bpcookie replied to ddnos's response:
Hey Honey, Sometimes I can lay on my side and put two large pillows between my knees so that my legs dont touch. Maybe use the ice pack as I lay on my side too. The pain pills help with about 50% of the pain, sometimes. I can only take a few each day but once I run out of the bottle that I have, I dont know if I will be able to get a script for more.

Gyno wasnt sure how long it would take to get the injections, perhaps a few weeks.

Thanks honey, thank you so very very much. hugs.

skypper replied to bpcookie's response:
hmmmm, how about milk? i know milk can stop the burning from when you eat hot chile, i wonder if it might help your issue? hell its worth a shot anyways right?
~Sky~

I'm so tired of fighting, all I want is peace and to find maybe a glimpse of happiness hidden in these shadows. ~by me ~mc~

mercygive responded:
I know this going to sound crazy, but maybe you can ask your dentist for some novocaine or that new stuff they have now where they just rub it onto your gums and it numbs. Although it it wears off, at least you could go out for awhile and get away from the ice pack. I don't know if you could find a dentist to give you some of that. Maybe you know someone who knows someone. Anyway, I'm glad you still have your sense of humor
I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship.
Louisa May Alcott

bpcookie replied to skypper's response:
hhhhmmmm never thought of that. I will have to ask my Gyno about it first because my Fire Crotch is so sensitive to things, that I can end up getting a YI just by looking at it crossed eyed.

bpcookie replied to mercygive's response:
LMAO for some reason the thought of asking my dentist for Novocaine for my other *cavity*, makes me friggin laugh. LMAO That felt so good to be able to laugh. Anyways, your idea is a very good one. My Gyno has given me a ointment called Amatryptaline (sp) and I rub it in and it numbs the skin. It burns like a mother when first put on but after about 5 mins the skin is numb. Unfortunately it doesnt numb deep enough but it does give me some relief for a few hours.

Thanks for thinking out side of the box hahahahhahahaa, out side of the box, get it? bbbuuuwwwhhhhaaaa

skypper replied to bpcookie's response:
yogurt? that has milk in it and would prolly be WAY easier to get on there, ya know what i mean? yes, yes, i know you know what i'm sayin...just plain yogurt, it even sounds soothing to me and i don't have a burning bush
~Sky~

I'm so tired of fighting, all I want is peace and to find maybe a glimpse of happiness hidden in these shadows. ~by me ~mc~

tryforever responded:
You could try and do something lying down..pick up a book or magazine you have been wanting to read..treat yourself to a bubble bath..just try to treat yourself somehow this weekend..maybe you could get a lazer-light pen pointer and watch your puppy play with it..You could pick one up at a dollar store?...cant think of anything else right now...

L

bpcookie replied to skypper's response:
Hey baby cakes, Im supposed to stay away from yogurt because of the yeast and other things that are in it. Sounds kinda weird I know, but my Gyno is treating me with Fluconosol once a week to try and kill any yeast. She said I may be allergic to yeast. *shrug* who knows.

bpcookie replied to tryforever's response:
Hey TryForever, its been a while since Ive seen you. I hope your doing well. Today I have spent most of my time in bed, kinda reclining back, watching tv, reading a book, that sort of thing. Im trying to avoid stress of any kind also. I do love bubble baths but Im unable to take them any more because my woman area is so sensitive that I cant even use soap to wash THAT area with.

Today its not as bad as it was yesterday, OMG I was in so much pain I could barely stand it. Thanks for the help honey and take care.

bpcookie responded:
I bought one of those blow up rings that ppl with hemorrhoids use. Im going to sit on that thing when Im at the computer and see if it helps take the pressure off of my....you know.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

TO DROP MY WEIGHT, I DROPPED THE DIET SOFT DRINKS.
Been on Zonegran for about five years and a type II diabetic for 35 years using metaformin and insulin. It appears the jury is in for me on ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.