Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Hello, I'm David
bipoet001 posted:
I've posted a couple of time so thought I'd introduce myself. I was diagnosed with mani-depression in 1983. I teach at a local community college and also work for a foundation for those with profound mental and physical disabilities. I've taken lithium almost 30 years and with therapy have learned my seasonal triggers and how to counteract problems just as they arise. Giving up alcohol and limiting myself to one cup of coffee and practicing sleep hygiene has kept me healthy for years. This board seems like a woman's room, but I may pop in if I find a resource to share. David

bpcookie responded:
Hello David, So glad to have you hear. Its really not a woman's room, its just that we are short of men members. So please feel free to join in on any post. Welcome to the board.
I HATE being Bipolar. Its AWESOME!!!!

DizzyJgirl responded:
Hello and welcome. Look forward to hearing from you again.
Live Life Loud

IrwinsLady responded:
we can use some men around here. too much estrogen LOL, love ya girls! so yeah feel free to join in any time you desire. and welcome!!!
This is happening...just make peace with it.

bipoet001 responded:
Thank you for your acceptance of this old bipolar male. David

bpcookie replied to IrwinsLady's response:
LOL yea, too much estrogen equals too many mood swings. lol
I HATE being Bipolar. Its AWESOME!!!!

IrwinsLady replied to bpcookie's response:
lol Cookie
This is happening...just make peace with it.

ddnos responded:
Hi David, and welcome to the board! Don't let the primarily female population here keep you away; we need more men here, and I would value your input! So please do stay!

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

CanadianDyanne responded:
Hiya David!

Don't let those bossy females keep you away. I might be a woman but I have more testosterone than most 20yo guys hahahaha.

yaaaaaaa baybee, pass me a cigar and let's hit the race track.

Plus we do need another intellect since it sounds as if you meet the qualifications. I am sure Debbie gets tired of having to be the smarts in this family.
Welcome Sir Dude

margaroo replied to CanadianDyanne's response:
Hi David,

I have noticed that you have great insight the few times you have contributed and I enjoy your posts. I am in awe of those who teach individuals with physical, developmental and other disabilities. My son is high functioning autism with the problems with social skills, etc that come with the diagnosis. He had speech and language therapies, sensory integration, etc. when he was in elementary and high school. I am indebted to those who dedicate their lives to helping these kids and adults.

I want to thank professionals like you for all your hard work and the love you show your students.

As for you being one of the few males who post, we always need a different point of view.

Maggie
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

new
hello everyone.. new to this..hope to talk to others who knows how it is having bipolar. More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.