Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Venting, Venting, Venting
bpcookie posted:
You guys know how Ive had this hoarse voice for about 6 months now?? First my family Dr.s pissed around with me for about 4 months and finally got tired of their crap and so I looked up a throat specialist on my own. So, this throat specialist pisses around with me for another 2 months. The first visit he stuck a scope down my throat and said I had a blood blister on my vocal cord. Two months and three visits later I am informed that the blood blister may have become solid and I may have permanent damage to my vocal cords. Well, if the friggin so called specialist would have fixed the damn problem in the first place then maybe I wouldnt possibly have these more serious problems. Then the specialist has the nerve to send me to a different specialist who didnt have an opening until the middle of April. So I call the office to see if there has been any cancellations and they inform me that this new specialist doesnt work out of THAT office any more. Nobody called me to tell me this. It was just dumb luck that I called them today. I also find out that the original specialist doesnt do surgery and thats why Im being sent to see the other specialist. You know, if this piece of useless, money hungry, lazy azz, pissing around, crappy specialist would have just sent me to this other special two months ago, then this problem would have been fixed and I would be back to normal now. OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH I am ssssssoooooo pissed off. If that first specialist screwed around long enough for me to have permanent damage, Im going to find a good lawyer.

Oh and one other thing. The original specialist that I saw is listed as an ENT specialist but when I google his name, he is listed as a plastic surgeon.

So now Im very worried that my voice will be like this forever. Its not just the hoarseness that bothers me, its that fact that it causes my throat to be very sore and dry.

Im sorry that this is so long but I had to get this off my chest. AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I HATE being Bipolar. Its AWESOME!!!!
IrwinsLady responded:
aww Cookie, i would definately get a good lawyer anyway because this is wrong. im so sorry about this.
This is happening...just make peace with it.
bpcookie replied to IrwinsLady's response:
Thank you sweet heart. I just hope that there is no permanent damage. Big hugs hun
I HATE being Bipolar. Its AWESOME!!!!
IrwinsLady replied to bpcookie's response:
hope not either or some doc is going to lose a liscense to malpractice.
This is happening...just make peace with it.
bipoet001 responded:
Just a thought, do you have GERD? If you reflux especially at night the acids can "slop" on to you vocal cords causing hoarseness and eventual damage. You probably need an endoscopy to see if damage has been done. I would not put this off.
DizzyJgirl responded:
Awwww...that makes me mad for you. All that jerking you around and passing you off to others. That is so wrong! Can you find a "good" dr even if you have to travel a bit? Like a good medical center/hospital?

Thinking of you! Hugs xo
Live Life Loud
beej5 responded:

I am sorry to hear the azzhole is giving you hell. I'd definitely get a lawyer if you have permanent damage.

I hope you find a good doc soon and get it straightened out.


bipoet001 replied to beej5's response:
Doctors keep very good records and unless you can prove mispractice, it would be a difficult case to win. More important is to get the problem corrected and address the cause. When you go to your next specialist, make sure that you've had all your background treatments to date forwarded to them, so they don't have to go back and start with perliminary examinations. If a specialist does not have prior information, they must by law begin from the start again causing delays in treatment. Don't get angry, instead be assertive. David
bpcookie replied to bipoet001's response:
Hello Bipoet, yup I have acid reflux but Im on some really good medicine. The specialist did an endoscopy the very first day I saw him and he said that I had a blood blister on my vocal cord. The specialist has fooled around for two months now and now he tells me that the problem may be more severe. If only he would have removed it right away, I would be ok. But now I have to see a surgeon and the surgeon cant see me until the middle of April. Its just so ridiculous.
I HATE being Bipolar. Its AWESOME!!!!
bpcookie replied to DizzyJgirl's response:
Hey honey, Its so hard to find a good Dr.. I figured that I could put my trust in a specialist but I guess I was wrong. Now Im going to see a specialist/surgeon and hopefully he can remove it right away. Thanks darling. muahs
I HATE being Bipolar. Its AWESOME!!!!
bpcookie replied to beej5's response:
Thanks sweet heart. Im hoping that this specialist/surgeon that Im seeing next month will be a good one. I just want to get rid of this thing asap. hugs
I HATE being Bipolar. Its AWESOME!!!!
bpcookie replied to bipoet001's response:
They have already faxed over the medical record and also the CT scan that I had done. So hopefully the specialist/surgeon can schedule surgery right away. Thank you
I HATE being Bipolar. Its AWESOME!!!!
ddnos responded:
Hi Cookie {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Cookie}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} I know how frustrating it can be sometimes waiting for doctors to try to figure things out.

Having gone to a medical malpractice lawyer myself to find out if I had a case or not (you can present your case to a lawyer for free to have them determine if you have a legit case or not) But anyway, in my situation, I was told that yes, I had a "D Level" doctor, but I did not suffer any permanant damage from her neglegence, and therefore, wouldn't have a case. And even still, there would be no guarntee of winning. (actually, I do have permanate damage, but it would be near impossible to prove that it was directly related to her actions) THey said that malpractice lawsuits are often hard to prove and can be very expensive.

Anyway, I just hope that it doesn't come down to you having to sue but that the problem will be taken care of.

Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Screen out people who can't seem to "get it"....
There are some people who can't or won't understand at all. My wife is bipolar, and some people are more understanding than others. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 43 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.