Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Venting to whoever will listen...maybe triggers???
beanagirl510 posted:
Sigh...not sure where to start. I think I'm doing better. But man, I have my moments where I feel so depressed and worthless. It really sucks. I'm taking my meds and doing everything that my doctors are telling me to. But I would really like to feel like a human being instead of a part of the Walking Dead. (Yes, I love that show) And on top of everything else, I have to go in for my annual exam tomorrow and get tested for cervical cancer. I was diagnosed with having pre-cancerous cells ten days before my wedding. So now I have to go every year. Ok, enough bitching. Thank you to whoever read this.
Fear is just weakness leaving the body-unknown

DizzyJgirl responded:
Good luck tomorrow (or today now) with your appt. Let us know how it goes. Do something nice for yourself and take care of you.
Take care...and hugs.
Live Life Loud

bipoet001 responded:
It seems like many woman's health issues find a place on this board when others by WebMD might offer not sympathy but information. Cervical cancer is genetic among other causes. Pre-cancerous cells signals doctors to test often. As with other conditions, catching any problem early is important to treatment. You are lucky to have a vigilant team who is watching out for you. David

skypper responded:
I've had cervical cancer and I must say that catching it early, early treatment and vigilant doctors are the best defense!
When they found mine I was pregnant and so had to forgo treatment until after my child was born, but it also meant I had to see 3 doctors the entire time instead of one for close monitoring and the check ups, well every 6 months for 5 years until they considered me clear, actually I'd say with my doctors it was more like 7 or 8 years, and now I can just go every year again like a normal person...or maybe not because I recently read somewhere that it's normal for woman to go 1-3 years between exams, but I still am recommended to go every year. And it seems like a real PITA but it sure does beat the alternative, ya know?

Hope everything turns out ok, BIG HUGS
~Sky~

I'm so tired of fighting, all I want is peace and to find maybe a glimpse of happiness hidden in these shadows. ~by me ~mc~

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
69 of 92 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.