Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Sleep Hygiene
bipoet001 posted:
http://www.healthline.com/health/bipolar-disorder/sleep

Here is a good article on bipolar and sleep. From my life experience, regular sleep is the most important factor in maintaining stability. I hope some of you may find this helpful. David

fenton04 responded:
It pains me to remember the times of 3 sleepless days. Very informtive.

ddnos responded:
HI David,

Thanks for sharing the article. I wish that all those things would work for me consistantly, but unfortunately, my insomnia is due to up to and over twice the amount of adrenaline in my system, so the more natural remedies don't always work for me. Sometimes they do. For the most part, I get enough sleep for me, but the past 6 months or so have been more difficult in the sleep department, but I'm working on it.

I do agree with you, though, that regular sleep is one of the most important factors in maintaining stability!

Sweet dreams

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Screen out people who can't seem to "get it"....
There are some people who can't or won't understand at all. My wife is bipolar, and some people are more understanding than others. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.