Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
made a decision
mommaange1 posted:
I am going to get a tattoo of a fairy. I think I might use the one on my profile pic. I can't find any others I like. Not sure when I am going to do it, but sometime soon. I was going to do angel wings with mom, but decided against it. I have a big angel with my name on my shoulder and a big lion that says Rex on the other shoulder. I have a dragonfly on my wrist with flowers all the way around my wrist. On one ankle I have my momma angel and on the other ankle a ring of roses and flowers that I drew. On my lower back I have a big green eyed sunshine surrounded by the moon and stars. Each have a meaning for me that is personal. The fairy would represent me little flying away from my life. Or maybe I should look for something that represents how my brain is in chaos or two pieces all the time.
If We Couldn't Laugh, We Would All Go Insane :)
FirstPrevious12NextLast

DizzyJgirl responded:
Momma...I want another tattoo and have a lot of ideas. My problem is that I can't focus my ideas into something concrete. Where would you put your fairy? It takes me forever to make up my mind about these things.
I have a sun/moon design on my leg and it is kind of hard to explain but that is my "bipolar" tattoo to me...the light and dark and also meaning morning to night...a new (or another day) kind of thing. My hubby has a tattoo that has no particular meaning to him but is fire and water swirled together.
Live Life Loud

melly2210 responded:
Heyas momma....

What if you combined the fairy with the way you see your life. Something like this maybe?

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

melly2210 replied to DizzyJgirl's response:
It took me almost a year to conceptualize my ink. LOL. S has a full sleeve, one on both pecs, half the other arm covered, and one on each calf. He'd do more if I turned him loose. I'm at that itchy, peeling, ugly phase at the moment, so I am trying to not feel remorseful cause I know I will like it when it's done being all ugly. Haha

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

bpcookie responded:
Tattoo's can be so addictive. I only have three but a few years ago I was thinking about getting a bit added to one of my tattoo's but hubby didnt want me to. Besides, Im 48 yrs old, I dont think ANYONE wants to look at any of my tattoo's now. I have a butterfly and a rose on one hip, but Im so old and wrinkles that it now looks like a moth and a withered weed. LOL
I HATE being Bipolar. Its AWESOME!!!!

melly2210 replied to bpcookie's response:
Yes, they are addictive. I want another, but haven't got a clue what or where. And I worry about the wrinkles too. I have a very close friend who had one done up her side (she's like a perfect size 2 - the witch...lol) with flowers and her son's name in Hebrew. It's unusual and very pretty. Then I saw a girl at Busch Gardens that had the Serenity Prayer done in script on her waist too that was simple but plain and it appealed to me too. Who knows?!?

mommaange1 replied to melly2210's response:
I love that
If We Couldn't Laugh, We Would All Go Insane :)

Chris_WebMD_Staff replied to mommaange1's response:
I don't have one, but I have often thought about what I would get if I did get one. I still have no idea. I love to garden and grow flowers and herbs. OK still no idea......
oh oh and I love the flat iron building in NYC.
OK still no idea. And this is why I'm not getting one!
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

melly2210 replied to Chris_WebMD_Staff's response:
You could always entwine some flowers up along the sides of the building itself. I think the hard part is figuring out where to put them.

Chris_WebMD_Staff replied to melly2210's response:
Melly, that sounds so pretty. I've noticed everyone starts out wanting just a little something and it's never as small as you think it's going to be, you know? I've heard it was addiciting too!
Just flowers intwined sounds perfect actually.... hmmmm
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

DizzyJgirl replied to Chris_WebMD_Staff's response:
Chris, I had to laugh at that. That is exactly what happened to me!
One of my tattoos is 3 flowers that represent my 3 boys. The color of the flowers are the colors of their birthstones (more or less lol).
Live Life Loud

Or use your own initial...lol

And my calf covering ink was supposed to be something small on my hip and morphed into a much larger design. Oh well....

Chris_WebMD_Staff replied to melly2210's response:
OMG Melly don't do this to me, this is so pretty! I never saw myself with a tattoo....but this is so pretty. It's me. Only with my own initial.
Dj that sounds so nice, right up my ally as well. I have 3 kids too..love that idea. See I'm not crazy they do end up larger most times.
Chrissy~

Author Unknown

Sorry....I am so having a blast picking everyone's ink! LOL I picked my best friend's first one too. She's just not worked up the nerve to go get it. Maybe I should go into business....hmmmm

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
109 of 126 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.