Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Lyrica
bpcookie posted:
Hello Dahlings

My Gyno put me on Lyrica for my LSC pain. The prescription says to take twice a day as needed for pain. Well, I have pain 24 hours a day, so I need it every single day. So far I havent had to take my Hydrocodone because Lyrica does a much better job.

Have any of you taken Lyrica? How about on a daily basis? Can this be taken daily long term? I am experiencing side effects like feeling off balance, trouble concentrating and feeling like Im in a dream, will the side effects eventually stop after time?

Thanks peeps
I HATE being Bipolar. Its AWESOME!!!!

beej5 responded:
nope sorry. wished I could help.

beej

IrwinsLady responded:
have a friend who is on it and yes the side effects do go away soon and it is meant for daily use. remember Lyrica was an anti-depressant too.
This is happening...just make peace with it.

IrwinsLady replied to IrwinsLady's response:
scratch the anti-depressant part lol but yes its use is for daily dosing.

ddnos responded:
Lyrica is used to relieve pain from nerve damage. It's the first mediation approved for pain management of fybromyalgia. So I can see how it would help you - it's emphasized that you don't skip doses.

I hope they finanlly found something that works for you to take away the pain!

Hugs
Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

bpcookie responded:
Thanks everyone. I absolutely love the med. Its amazing what one little pill can do. Now Im able to be on the computer, sit on the couch and go places, where as before I was a prisoner to my body. I cant say that its 100% percent perfect, but its good enough. Muahs to you all

DolphinLuver61 responded:
I've taken Lycria for 2 yrs, and at first it worked fine for me, of course with all medications they may need to be adjusted over time or all together try a new one that helps. Currently I'm not on it, now I'm taking Hydrocodne, which takes the edge off, and other than that it's pain 24/7.

Side effects for me we dizziness, lightheaded, trouble concentrating, which after bringing it to my doctors attention the medication was adjusted,

I hope you feel better soon. Consult your doctor & perhaps see if an adjustment need to be made or trying something new.

bpcookie replied to DolphinLuver61's response:
Thanks DL61, I was using Hydro along with another pain med and I was so afraid that I would get addicted to it. Im so happy that I found something else that works. Thanks for all the info. Good luck to you and I hope your pain issue goes away.

IrwinsLady replied to bpcookie's response:
im so glad it works for you!

DolphinLuver61 replied to bpcookie's response:
Thank you Bp.. Have a nice Weekend! Hope you're not in much pain today..

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
108 of 125 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.