Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
New and need help please possible TRIGGER
purple_irises posted:
Hi all,
I am new to this community and not even sure I belong here. I have severe depression and my husband is bi-polar. I was almost hospitalized a few weeks ago for mine. The reason I am here is to learn more about bi polar from other people who have this. Between him and I and the depression and bi-polar, things are too smooth right now. Please forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place or posting something inappropriate. Hopefully someone will answer and give me some help.

Thanks you all

mercygive responded:
Hello Purple_Irises

Welcome to our community board. We are a friendly and supportive group here. You are not alone and please feel free to post here anytime. Someone will respond to your post but it may not always be an immediate response. Take advantage of the reading material, resources, tips and discussions on this link. Also, you may address questions to Dr. G. who is an expert on this board.

There are spouses of bipolar spouses that post here, and there are some men on this board so you might mention it to your husband if you haven't already. We also have a daily post as our way of just saying hello to each other — feel free to join in.

Also, there is a community board for spouses of bipolar spouses http://exchanges.webmd.com/bipolar-spouse-and-family-member-support-community .

I am sorry you and your husband are sharing difficult times. I hope that you are able to find the professional help that you need. It does get better and it does help to talk with people here or just to vent.

Mercy
I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship.
Louisa May Alcott

tryforever responded:
Hello there..

I wanted to welcome you even though I dont go on the site very much lately...I wanted to share that I am in a similar situation and it is hard, I know that much..its like you take turns on who feels what each day..and it makes you be more aware of your mood when its not just the one that is experiencing it..keep posting and I will to

Have a great weekend,

L

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
109 of 126 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.