Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Face the Night - Poem OT
ddnos posted:
As most poems, this one also is not necessarily what it seems. It starts off talking about insomnia and throughout the poem, I'm having an arguement with "stillness." But the underlying point (or should I say, "my point") of the poem is that real, heartfelt change cannot come from any outside force, but it has to come from within for it to be true and lasting. In the poem, I am arguing against stillness and rest, something that is really good for me. But it's used to represent that someone or anything can argue with me until they are blue in the face to do the "right" thing, but until "I" am ready to face the night, I will never see the light.

So there you have it.

Face the Night

I'm not a stranger to the night
seems like I see her in the light
stillness swarms beneath my toes
and tries to sneak me in a doze
but I won't succumb to its plot
no way I won't, I will not
you can't make me close my eyes
you can't trick me with a prize
I know your ways, you can't fool me
you try to lure me with your plea
but you can't have me, no you can't
no matter how hard you want to rant
I am my own, I make my choice
you can't take away my voice
it doesn't matter much to me
that you just want to make me free
I am my own, the choice is mine
I cannot taste your sweet red wine
please let me stumble in the night
for there is where I can see the light

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

ddnos responded:
ooops, i forgot to delete the word "can" in the last line. lol
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

slik_kitty replied to ddnos's response:
yeah the can destroys the rhythmn. he he he. nice poem. and you are right. change does come from within. how are things going?

ddnos replied to slik_kitty's response:
Hi Kitty, yeah, that pesky word "can" sneaked in there somehow. lol

How are things going for me? How many hours do you have? lol

I really don't know how to answer that question in a nutshell, and I can't fit my words into a nutshell anyway. lol Suffice it to say it's been a day to day thing lately....well, it's like a box of chocolates, I never know which one I'm gonna get when I wake up. I don't even want chocolates; I want ice cream! So it's all wrong in the first place! I know kitty, Sonny is still stealing my marbles, leaving very few for me. Sneaky lil guy! Pretty soon he will be selling them on the streets , you reckon? lol Well, if he does that, there'll be a lot of brilliant people out there. lol (humble smile)

How are things for you? Is work getting any better? I hope that YOU are doing well in spite of any issues at work!

Hugs
Debbie

margaroo replied to ddnos's response:
Debbie,

Your words create a rich vision of the night and it's enticing ways. Very nice!

Hugs,

Maggie
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

ddnos replied to margaroo's response:
thank you maggie!

Hugs
Debbie

tryforever responded:
Very good poem! I love to read poems like this

ddnos replied to tryforever's response:
Thank you, tryforever

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

new
hello everyone.. new to this..hope to talk to others who knows how it is having bipolar. More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.