Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
TRIGGER- PTSD back with a vengeance! help
ducky200318 posted:
I think it has been like idk over a year since I was on here...

I need advice, I am having PTSD symptoms again, nothing new traumatic has happened. There have been alot of changes and stressors but not negative stressors... I called and set up an appointment with a therapist for thursday this week.

So my head is spinning I thought I was done with this I thought I was ok. I am not on any meds I haven't needed them for over 2 years about now. I can't breath...I can breath I feel like I can't I don't want to sleep I can't stay asleep when I do... and last night I had an all out panic attack i woke up in the middle of a panic attack. I was raped 2 years ago now in my own home...I went to therapy I dealt with it...I have been able to have sex with my partner no problems...

WHAT is this I feel like I am falling apart again when all the best things are coming together, we are getting married in 4 months we are planning on having children i have a great new job that pays more...we are selling our house and trying to find a new one so we will have room to start a family...why is this all coming back again
help

bpcookie responded:
Hey Ducky Hun, are you sure its PTSD? It may just be stress and you may be under more stress then you realize. From what you have just said, you have a LOT going on. Your getting married very soon, selling your house, trying to get a new one, wanting to have children, WOW thats a full plate. Your probably overwhelmed. Also I have found that some Bipolars dont handle changes very well.

Try not to worry about it being PTSD sweetie, it could just be plain old fashioned stress. You may need to slow down a bit, take it easy, start reading a book, take a nice hot bath every now and then and do something nice for yourself.

Congrats on your wedding soon-to-be. Hugs
I HATE being Bipolar. Its AWESOME!!!!

DoOvers responded:
Good job on calling your therapist. Just throwing it out there but there could be some connection with these thoughts of violation coming back when you are so close to tying the knot with your significant other. I think the fact you brought that up is important. Additionally, it sounds as if many of the other things that could have grounded you are changing. Changes tend to stress people out.
A.C.T.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 91 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.