Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Good Question!
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
How did you all get your name to use here on WebMD? Cookie asked this question of one member and I thought, gee that's a good questions for us all. You know how I got my name.
We've discussed this before but I thought we'd revisit, it's been awhile.
Thanks Cookie!
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

davedsel57 responded:
Dave = my first name.

Edsel = my love for classic cars, especially Edsels.

57 = the year I was born. Yes, I am over 21.
Please click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

DoOvers replied to davedsel57's response:
Theres been times where I never could have imagined being in a position where I am today. Likewise, I've seen others turn their lifes around when they were headed in a direction that was expediting death and are now doing everything possible to contribute in a meaningful way to society. Dave I wanted to note on your youngest. Sometimes the hardest, toughest, but in some cases most fortunate turnarounds can be a product of seeing what happens when you have the run-ins with the law. He seems to be surrounded by great role models. I know in our case the hardest thing we had to do was cut him off while he went on his own path of self-destruction and saw where it ultimately led. Although, I'm not a person of faith I'd almost have to say this was nothing short of a miracle because he should have died a few times over. Really happy you came back to the board when you did!
A.C.T.

bpcookie responded:
Hey Chris, I have no idea how you got your webmd name. I used the name Cookie because that was my dogs name. R.I.P. honey. The BP part stand for bipolar of course. As a matter of fact, I go by Cookie on other boards as well. Even when I played poker on line, my name was Cookie but there was a second name added to the end of Cookie, so my online poker name was CookieB***** LOL I was one mean poker player.
Life is very beautiful last words spoken by Queen Katherine Howard, King Henry VIII 5th wife, in the movie The Tudors

WolfFaerie7 responded:
I love wolves! I think faeries are neat. The number 7 represents the day I was born.

Wolf

Chris_WebMD_Staff replied to davedsel57's response:
Dave!! I'm over 21 too!! Just not as much as you! LOL. Well close!
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

beej5 responded:
I came up with my name because I wanted to be different and odd. I know some of you think otherwise but it doesn't mean that. I am afraid of bees so I added j to my name as jump to jump out of the way. Just my paranoia.

beej

bpcookie replied to beej5's response:
Beej Honey, I looovvveeee bees. Im always rescuing them when they get in my pool. I will actually scoop them up in the palm of my hand and will gently blow on them to dry their wings off. I have yet to be stung. *knocking on wood*
The happy life be these I find, the quiet mind, the equal friend, with out grudge nor strife, wisdom joined with simplicity,the night discharged of all care. Earl of Surrey, Thomas Howard

bipoet001 responded:
I am bipolar and have used poetry writing my entire life as a creative outlet that became the core of my teaching career. David

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
112 of 129 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.