Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
possible triggers/ relationship help
jamireles1 posted:
My wife and I have been together going on 8 years. I am getting the fight or flight feeling in the relationship. She seems to think everything is fine, but it is like she has lost interest in me due to some of my Bipolar issues. I've tried to confront her about this but she tells me I am becoming "manic". I feel it is an excuse. The kicker is we have children which she is deeply involved in and she also has asperger's syndrome. Most people with asperger's have an issue with touching and feeling. It bothers her, NOW!
Before she had been diagnosed, things were fine. As a bipolar "bear" I need that passion back to keep me feeling stable. I think? Or am I just being selfish. Thoughts?

tat3r responded:
personaly i dont think you are being selfish i believe she is trying to figure out whear she fits in after findig out she had her diagnose of having asperger"s syndrome. when my cosin found out she had a depression disorder she felt that she had to think about her life she felt like she wasnt the sme person

davedsel57 responded:
Hello.

You and your wife would greatly benefit from counseling. Both of you need to learn how to deal with and accept each others' conditions and how to best support each other.

I can tell you from experience that there is tremendous value in couple therapy. Please find a reputable therapist that you can trust. If you are both willing to do some work, you will find that you will reap tremendous benefits.

I pray you can get all this resolved soon.
Please click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

TO DROP MY WEIGHT, I DROPPED THE DIET SOFT DRINKS.
Been on Zonegran for about five years and a type II diabetic for 35 years using metaformin and insulin. It appears the jury is in for me on ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.