Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Summer reading
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
So I wanted to know if anyone is reading a great book, or some good poetry these days?
I read ummm errrr ummm a book or three this spring.
Yes 50 Shades of Grey, OK there I said it!! Loved, loved it. What are you reading if anything? I'm going on vacation the end of the month. Heading to the beach for a week and I need good read. Who's sharing?
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

melly2210 responded:
I am wanting to re-read Eat Pray Love and then read Committed both by Elizabeth Gilbert. I am also waiting for Laurell K Hamilton's new book in her Meredith Gentry series. But I think I need time to actually read. LOL

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

bpcookie responded:
I can never find a book that interests me enough to stick with it but I did find a really good book in the most unexpected place. I took my dog to the vet. and on top of the counter was a stack of books and when I picked it up I couldnt believe that it had my vets name on it. He actually wrote a book that had nothing to do with veterinarians or vet. work. I had him sign the book to my two dogs, Cookie may she R.I.P. and Chewy. Its called The Second Floor by J. Maynard Carr. The book is GREAT! Its an easy read and I can put the book down and pick it up a week later and still know whats going on. LOL. Which my little Bipolar mind has difficulties doing that usually.

http://jmaynardcarr.com/The_Second_Floor.html
The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning. ~Ivy Baker Priest

beej5 responded:
I don't read too boring.

beej

doxielover10 responded:
Hi,

On a different topic - I got a trigger yesterday, I have reread the post 10 times but I cannot figure out what the trigger is ?

Can you read my post and explain what I did wrong ? I would never, ever want to upset anyone, I've already been there.

Also, something is wrong on the board, I sent two important posts to Dr. G and they went to someone else.

Thank you,
Allison

bpcookie replied to doxielover10's response:
Hello Doxie hun, what post are you talking about? When you say "I got a trigger yesterday" do you mean WebMD placed a trigger on your post? If thats the case then sometimes a trigger will be placed there if they think the post could trigger someone. It could be something very very small that you dont even notice but someone else may notice it. Just remember that everyone has different triggers.

Many of us have forgotten to had a trigger to our posts so dont feel badly about it. Ive done it on more than one occasion

Also you may want to copy each post that you make because if the board starts messing up, your post could go *poof*, which is really frustrating.

Well I hope I was of some help. have a nice day
The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning. ~Ivy Baker Priest

doxielover10 replied to doxielover10's response:
Check out the post on changing doctors and there is a red trigger right after Hi.

(trigger) the part your being triggered for is when you said "When I died from renal failure". Some ppl get triggered when someone talks about death, even death of an animal can trigger ppl.

If ever you have a question of this kind, you can always email Webmd and ask them.

davedsel57 replied to doxielover10's response:
"Also, something is wrong on the board, I sent two important posts to Dr. G and they went to someone else.'

You can not direct posts in any WebMD Community to a specific person. You can put their name in the subject as you did, but any member can read and reply. I think it is also important to remember that WebMD is a public website. Anyone can come and read posts even if they are not logged in. You must be logged in to reply to or create posts, but not to read.
Please click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

doxielover10 replied to bpcookie's response:
Hi,

Just out of curiosity, check my response to the post about someone's doctor just asks her what drugs she wants and then blows her off.

The beginning says Hey girl - Please read it and see what you think, I'm totally baffled and absolutely would NEVER, EVER want to cause harm.

BEST
ALLISON

doxielover10 replied to bpcookie's response:
Hi,

Are you kidding ? That is what happened, I arrived DOA in total renal failure. My husband was told I was not expected to make it. That is the truth, should I lie ?

Allison

First of all, this post has totally went in a different direction. You highjacked the post. Sometimes a post will take a turn but usually it had something to do with the post in the first place. Perhaps you should write your own post and ask these questions because taking over this post was kinda rude.

Second of all, you did it again. When you write about death you need to add a *TRIGGER* to your post. You can put the word *trigger* at the beginning of your post.

Third, NO you should not lie and that is not what Webmd or the members on this board are asking you to do. All we/they are asking is that you write the word *trigger* in front of anything that could be a trigger. Chris the moderator on this board wrote a post about triggers and she explained it well, so go back and read her post because I think it will help.

Fourth, Im truly sorry about what happened to you. It must have been very frightening for your husband.

mercygive replied to bpcookie's response:
I am reading The Secret Garden by Frances H. Burnett; Essential Sufism in conjunction with Rumi poetry (would be nice to have a sense of Persian rhythm but...); I'm always reading Rumi off and on and would give anything to spend an evening with Coleman Barks reciting Rumi; On the Road by Jack Kerouac; and bible study Isaiah - that's gonna keep me busy. Oh, and CBT & DBT workbooks.
Choose life, God's Grace and humor - mercygive

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Kee pyour head up
Don't let this illness bring you down. Always keep you head to the sky because someone is watching you and I. Sometimes this illness can ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.