Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Muggy Monday - daily post may contain TRIGGERS
melly2210 posted:

Weather: We're definately into summer rainy season. Hot and muggy during the day...mid to upper 90's, then it rains making it more humid but dropping the temps down to the 70's.

Sleep: Deep but not enough. The stresses I am under means I am never truly rested

Mood: Stressed to the max. Anxious.

Plans: It had been we were going to go to the clerk of courts to get our marriage license, but step-daughter called and she and her mom had a fight and her mom took off. She has her 38 weeks appt today and they're going to try to break her water. So if they do it, it's a direct trip to the hospital from there. If not, we're taking her grocery shopping after. By then, the day is shot, so maybe tomorrow. I intend to get some reading in and if I can a nap, but I don't see the nap happening.

TRIGGER TRIGGER TRIGGER
Yesterday I spent the afternoon with step-daughter. We went and got S his father's day gift from her (he's been dying for an mp3 player) and when I picked her up I noticed scratches and a light bruise on her face. I didn't question it because I knew it was the bf beating on her again. She finally told me about what had happened. Her mom, and me, and her dad have practically begged her to go to the battered woman's shelter, but all she hears is shelter and flips out. I spent some time talking to her about restraining orders and how they work. But the bottom line is she is scared she is always going to be alone. She's term on the pregnancy and doesn't think a man is ever going to want her because of the stretch marks and the baby. She's been very depressed throughout the pregnancy. Add the domestic abuse and I am fearful for her and the baby. I know there is nothing I can do about V being beaten. At this point that is her choice to live with the abuse. But I fear for the baby. I am worried he will be injured in utero, but social services can't do anything until he's born and only if he's harmed. Had a long talk with S about this yesterday when I got home because he's eventually going to run into the butthat at the hospital. And I wanted him to know that if there is one bruise or odd mark on that poor baby, I fully intend to call DCF in to take the baby from her. God, I hope I have strength for all of this.

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

bpcookie responded:
If *mon* means mine, then can I cancel Monday cause I hate mondays. lol

Hello my sleepy eyed Beepers

Weather: too friggin hot. Supposed to get up to 107 degs....in the shade!!!!!!!!!!

Sleep: not too well. I had bad dreams and every time I woke up and went back to sleep, the dream would continue. Unfortunately that NEVER happens with a sex dream

Mood: good, I guess, so far anyways. Been frustrated because LSC has been acting up. Could be because of a YI. Hell, I dont know, Im not a Dr.

Plans: Drop off chewy at the doggy day care. Plumber is coming over to put in new toilets. Chores, tv, continue making safety pin jewelry.

Have a fab. day dahlings. muahs
The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning. ~Ivy Baker Priest

beej5 responded:
Weather: hot and in the 90's

Sleep: better

Mood: still a bit mixed

Plans: phone calls, emails other stuff. fold clean clothes out of the basket. then go to baseball game.

beej

davedsel57 responded:
Good afternoon, everyone.

Weather: It was sunny and is currently 88 degrees. Cloudy now with rain coming later and/or tomorrow

Sleep: Pretty good.

Mood: Pretty good.

Plans: Wonderful wife working 1-9:30, both sons working 3-11. They work at the same place - a local 7-Eleven - and eldest son is a shift manager with his brother as the cashier today. Interesting. As for me, just relaxing and enjoying having the house to myself. Oh, and the 4 cats and 3 dogs.

Forgot to share in this community that I got an excellent deal on a 2011 Hyundai Elantra last Thursday. I had a 2010 Dodge Caravan that sat a lot as my wife has the same vehicle. We decided to try and get something with better gas mileage and our favorite dealer had just gotten in the Elantra. The best part is that it is Alure Red Metalic and I have always wanted a red car but it never seemed to work out.

Here is a picture of my new "Elly":

Have a blessed and marvelous Monday, friends.
Please click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

davedsel57 responded:
Melly, I'm sorry to read of your family situation and will be praying. My uncle and aunt (father's brother and sister-in-law) had a situation about 15 years ago where they found the their daughter and her husband were into drugs and abusing their tow young daughters. They took custody of both granddaughters. They are raising one themselves and she is now 16 and the other girl was adopted by a good family. A very heartbreaking situation as yours is but it all seemed to work out for the best.
Please click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

melly2210 replied to davedsel57's response:
Wooohooo....hot car!!!

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

melly2210 replied to davedsel57's response:
Thank you for the prayers. S and I had planned to marry in Oct. but now we're planning a quick courthouse wedding so we're in position to do exactly what your family did. I thought I was through the diaper and bottles phase. My kids are 15 and 11 and V is 18. But apparently not. The bf went with us to her dr appt today and S showed AMAZING restraint. But talk about tension. The only good news of the day is the doctor is confident the baby will be born in the next 2 days. We're happy and excited, obviously, but we're also totally worried about the situation. We're praying too! And thanks for letting me know we are not alone in what we're going to have to do.

WolfFaerie7 responded:
Good Evening Everyone!

Weather: Sunny highs in 80's

Sleep: It was okay

Mood: Pretty good

Plans: Make a crockpot dinner, do some reading too, and wash some clothes.

Hugs!
Wolf

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

TO DROP MY WEIGHT, I DROPPED THE DIET SOFT DRINKS.
Been on Zonegran for about five years and a type II diabetic for 35 years using metaformin and insulin. It appears the jury is in for me on ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.